Chapter-11 Stupid Brain and its Stupid Voice

After contemplating for a few minutes, I finally got some words out of stupid mouth but I just wanted to slap myself as soon as those stupid words left it

After contemplating for a few minutes, I finally got some words out of stupid mouth but I just wanted to slap myself as soon as those stupid words left it. "Would you like to see the house?" Who asks that? Stupid mouth! Stupid brain! Stupid me!

"Yeah! Why not!" she smiles at me. If she kept smiling like that, I would be a goner soon. I led her to the stairs. She stopped to look at the photos that were framed. She was looking at one of the photos where me and Greg are kids covered in paint and holding a card. I remember, it was father's day and we decided to give him a handmade card. We got ourselves coloured papers, crayons and paints. We made a card with splattered paint with 'World's Best Dad' written in messy handwriting. At the end, there was more paint and glitter on us than it was on the card. Mom found it adorable and clicked a photo to capture the memory forever, so she can laugh about it. Sadly, she is not alive to see them now. I sighed and looked at Anna, she was smiling at the picture.

"You both look so cute; the card is adorable." She looked at me. "Well, it was a mess. It took weeks before all this glitter could go off. We both were sparkling." I laughed at it. I showed her the game room and our room.

"Nice room." Was all she said looking around. I also showed her the library. It wasn't all big but a small room with shelves filled with books. "wow, so many books. It is my favourite place." She scanned at all the books, running a hand over it. On the wall, there were word printed 'A reader lives a thousand lives.' Images of quotes from different books, were pasted on the wall.

"I love this wall. Whose idea?" she asked turning towards me. "mom!" it was mom's idea to do it, I mean Catherine's. she loved reading so much. There is collection of her favourite books. Well, she incorporated her hobby into me and Greg as well. We all love reading.

"Dan Brown collection." She stopped in front of the shelf where all his books were kept. There was 'Da Vinci Code', 'Angels and Demons', 'Inferno' and his other books. It was mine and Greg's collection. "yeah! Greg and me like reading it." I told her. she looked at other books. There was a collection of Nicholas Spark's novel, mom's favourite. "Wow! There are so many books. You won't mind lending me some, I will return after I finish. Would you?" she asked me. "you can always borrow them." I told her. she smiled and hugged me. "thank you" and returned to seeing the books like nothing happened while my heart was beating frantically at an abnormal speed.

We headed downstairs to the kitchen to grab some water. "what is in that room?" she asked me, motioning to the piano room. "oh there.! Come on... I will show you." I said taking her hand in mine. I opened the door and sat in front of the piano.

"Well, I play piano. So we keep it here." I told her. She was just looking at the piano with wide eyes. "would you like to hear me play? I promise I am not horrible." I started to play, the twilight themed music. I like the piano tune. I was stopped when I heard a sob. "stop please.!! Adam, I think I should just go." She said turning away and going out of the room. What happened, now? I went after her to see what happened. "Anna, is everything okay? What happened?" I asked her.