Chapter-12 Untold Truths and Secrets

"Ow!" Anna bit my hand

"Ow!" Anna bit my hand. "What the h" I clamped her mouth shut again to prevent her from shouting. "wha whbhaa." Her muffled sound isn't making any sense to me. "Listen, I will remove my hand but no shouting, okay! I just want to talk and we will talk in a civil way. I am removing my hand, remember no yelling." I removed my hand from her mouth.

"why I am here? Let me go." She said but I put my hand on either side of her. "no running away this time. look I don't even know what I did, actually I think I didn't even do anything but everyone thinks that I did. so I am sorry. God this sounded better in my head." I said to her.

"what are you talking?" she looked at me. "I need answers, Anna." I looked straight into her eyes.

"What answers?" she asked me.

"Why did you run away that day? I mean you were all fine and happy when in library and when I played the piano, you just fled away. And please don't say that I played horrible because I know I didn't. I learned from the best. Maybe I have creepy eyes, according to you but my piano is good." I said all in one breath. Did she understand or I just said too quickly for her to understand my words?

"It has nothing to do with you." She said looking at her feet. "I told you I am emotional, I just found your music sad." She is lying, I know that. the music was not at all sad.

"okay, I will buy that lie. Why are you ignoring me all week?" I asked her again, hoping I get truth this time. "I am not." Here, it goes again. "why are you lying straight to my face? I want truth, goddammit." I punched the wall behind me.

"why do you even care? Why do care if I cry? What does it matter if I am ignoring you? We are nothing." She yelled this time.

"why? Don't you see it. I like you. I think I felt for you the first time I saw you. Whenever I see you cry, it feels like my heart is shattering in pieces. I just want you to let me in. I am not forcing you but I just want a chance. No one has ever gone against June for someone else, only you did." I let out a breath. Cupping her cheek with one hand I said, "I really like you, Anna."

"You can't." she removed my hand from her cheek. Tears beginning to flow down her eyes. "don't try to get somewhere where you can't belong." She started to leave but I grabbed her hand.

"Why?" I need her to tell me the truth. "you just can't. Just let me go, Adam." She whispered.

"I won't give up, Anna." I told her. and it is true. I am not going to give up on her yet. "you can try; I am not stopping but I want you to know that I am not giving in either." She yanked her hand and left me standing alone in the old dusty classroom.

I sighed and ran my hand in my hair in frustration. I will show her that I like her and I am not giving up. I will let her know that she can trust me, she can tell me anything. I just need to be with her. I have never felt like this, ever before. I have never been pulled to a girl like this before and the irony here is that she is pushing me away. What have I got myself into?