Chapter- 15 The Nerd Brother Is Dating.....!

When I was just an inch away, the doorbell rang making Anna realize the position we were in

When I was just an inch away, the doorbell rang making Anna realize the position we were in. I just groaned internally and said, "A minute please.!". Anna just nodded and stepped back. I opened the door and saw Daniel Hemsworth standing with a panic expression.

"Is Anna here? Is she okay?" he asked me. "yeah, Daniel. She is fine. She is in the backyard." I told her pointing in her direction. He made his way towards her. I heard Anna's voice from my backyard shouting, "Bring some papers Adam. We should make some boats. I used to do that as a kid with mom."

Daniel stopped suddenly and I stumbled in his back. I saw him looking at Anna who was twirling with her hands spread wide, a smile on her face when the drops fell on her face. "is she out in rain?" Daniel turned and asked me sounding shocked.

"well yeah! We were dancing out in rain." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "but she hasn't been out in rain from years. How did this happen?" he was looking at her happy daughter who after all these years has stepped out in rain.

"it is just I" but I stopped when we heard Anna's voice. "Daniel, what are you doing here? Look I am out in rain and I am not scared and crying. I feel so happy. Mom will be so happy. Come out and dance with me." she ran towards him and then dragged him out in the backyard. I thought it is best that I should not disturb the father-daughter moment, I slipped into the room to get us all some towels.

I took out two more towels from the cupboard and rushed in the living room. I picked the other one from the floor which fell when Anna pulled me out. "Anna and Mr. Hemsworth, I think you should come in now. Look the rain has already stopped now, almost. You would catch cold." I shouted. they both nodded and came in. I handed them the towel and begin to dry myself too. The wet t-shirt sticking to my torso.

"if you want you can change into something. Daniel, I am sure some of father's clothes might fit you and Anna I think there would be some of mom's that you can change into." I told them and turned to get some clothes.

"don't bother about me Adam. I am leaving. I just saw it was raining, so I left everything and rushed here for Anna but" he stopped and then looked at me before resuming. "but you did something by use of little words that many of others couldn't do." I looked at him. He is talking about Anna's fear of rain. Was she really so scared and did those mere words were just enough for her to overcome this? Huh! I never thought I am capable of all this.

"I am leaving and Adam," I turned towards him. "would you mind if I ask you to drop Anna to home after you guys are done with the studying session, considering you guys haven't started? It's five thirty and I hope you drop my daughter at home till eight." I put on a strict father tone.

"yes sure. I would drop her. you don't need to worry." I assured him and I hope he is. He nodded and left after kissing Anna on her forehead. I closed the door and turned to see Anna looking at the floor. I followed her gaze and saw all the water on the floor. "I am sorry, I messed your floor. I will clean up."

"oh no problem Anna. I would do it. Let's find something for you and then you can put these clothes in the dryer." We made our way to my parent's room and ushered her to come in. "look that's the closet, I am sure there would be something." I opened mom's walk in closet. Well it feels like another room to me, owing to the amount of clothes, bags and accessories she has.

"wow, Catherine fancies stuff. Is that a Prada bag?" Anna asked pointing to a handbag. "maybe, it is. I don't know. She is a fashion designer. She loves all these stuff. Look here are some normal daily wear stuff things." I said pointing to one section. She looked at the clothes and took out a blue t-shirt and a shorts.

"this will do. we have same size." She said taking the clothes.

"well you can use this bathroom or the one upstairs in the guest room, whichever you like." I told her. "upstairs will do." she said and I showed her the way.

"well, are you positive your mom won't mind?" she asked me. "what?" I didn't understand what she meant. "the clothes, I mean." She said lifting the t-shirt.

"oh this. No way. She adores you, I think. Well, probably she has so many clothes, she won't even notice." I winked at her and she laughed. "well, having lots of clothes ought to be a girl's birthright." She said laughing.

"whatever. Go and change or you will catch a cold." I opened the door for her. she went inside and I went downstairs to clean the mess. Some of the water had already evaporated. I picked up a rug and then just wiped the remaining water. Although, I think I didn't do such a good job but it will eventually dry up, why bother.!!

I went in my room and changed the wet clothes. I then went downstairs and saw Anna in the kitchen. She was looking in the shelves. "what are you searching?" I asked her. she jumped at my sudden voice.

"you scared me." she took a breath and then said. "I thought, I should make some coffee, it would help to warm us up."

"let me make it." I took out the coffee. After few minutes, we were both sitting on the sofa with the books lying infront of us and a mug of coffee in our hands.

"so, let's start with physics." She put the empty mug and started me explaining all the theorems and stuff. "so, that's is polarisation of light." She said after explaining me.

"did you understand anything?" she asked me. "yeah, I did. I think. Well, I will try those questions tomorrow. Let's move to chemistry. Got a test tomorrow. And it is already six-thirty." I said after looking at the time.

"yeah! So, are we on the same topics?" she asked me. "well, I don't know. But we are doing ionic equilibrium." I told her flipping the notes of Mr. Fletcher or 'the red head' as we call him because when he is angry he goes all red which matches his hair.

"well, we haven't done that. sorry! Can't help you with that. Just done chemical equilibrium and then he went all wacky and thought we should do the periodic table." she said.

"no problem! I think if I would just see these notes, maybe I would get some decent grade tomorrow." I said putting the binder on the table.

"well, I am pretty sure Greg could help you. Doesn't he study the topics in advance?" she asked me.

"yeah, he usually does. But nowadays, he spends time with Amanda. He told me that she is going to do some course somewhere." She raised her eyebrows at my words. "what! Don't expect me to remember his love life details. Anyway, so she would be leaving in two weeks. So he wants to spend time with her." I told her.

"that is so cute." She said in an aww tone. "right, now my nerd brother is dating and I am single. Super cute." I snorted. "I didn't miss the sarcasm in your tone. Since all the work is finish. I think, I should leave now." She started to pack her bag.

"well, I don't have a car to drop you. So why don't you wait till Greg comes. I will just call him." I picked up my phone from the table. "don't spoil his date. We can walk. Our houses are just a couple of blocks away. Would take barely ten to fifteen minutes, I guess." She said putting her binder in the bag.

"okay.!! That's cool. Let me get your clothes. I think they would have dried till now." I said her. "I will take myself. Can you something to carry them." she asked me.

"yeah sure. Let me bring some bag." I said. I went in my room and took out the t-shirts I bought two days ago from the shopping bag and threw on the bed. Taking the bag with me I rushed downstairs. "here. Take this." I gave her the bag and she put her clothes in that.

After she had put those in the bag, I said, "let's go." I locked the door and we started to walk towards her house.

A/N: updating after a while. But don't forget to vote and comment. I know a little abrupt ending but New chapter will be out tomorrow. Dedicated to @KaPowQueen . loved your story 'Wattpad rehab'. I can totally relate with it. Guys do check that out. *exciting squeal* Wattys2017 is here. I am so excited. Until then, keep reading.