Lost

--ASH'S POV--
Emily woke me up, her eyes were dark and beautiful, but they looked worried.
"What's up?" I asked her, squinting in the light,
"Your dad- he's.."
I suddenly heard moaning and noises coming from my dads bedroom.
"Oh god.." I moaned, stepping out of the warmth of my bed and into the cold corridor. I opened my dad's bedroom door slowly where I saw him lying in bed, breathing heavily and moaning words I didn't understand.
"Dad.." I whispered, walking over to him and putting my hands on his shoulders, "dad?"
I tried to wake him up but he just wouldn't,
"David Spencer? Dad? Squid? Dee?" I tried to address him by any name that would trigger something inside his dying mind.
"Tom?" He asked, his eyes opening wide.
"Tom isn't h-"
"Who are you?!" He yelled, breaking my heart.
"D-dad?" I questioned, my eyes wide from shock. "It's me- Ash."
"You're not Ash." He said,
"I am. Your son, Ash. Dad it's me!"
"Where's my brother- how did you get in?"
Tears began to flood my eyes and fall down my cheeks.
He didn't remember who I was..
"Dad, I'm your son. Don't you remember me?" I asked, practically begging.
But he just shook his confused head.
I gave up, My eyes sinking to the ground.
I walked out of the room and closed the door.

After I entered my room again I sat down on the bed beside Emily.
"I've lost him Emma." I told her, looking down. "I knew this day would come but.."
Emma looked up at me, putting her hand on my shoulder.
"He doesn't remember who I am, Emma. He's gone."
A tear fell from my eye and down my cheek.
This was the day i lost my dad. Or should I say that this is the day my dad lost me.
There was very little left of my dad inside that body in the room next to me.
And I had to accept that the end was nigh.

--SQAISHEYS POV--
After a sleepless night pondering about David I got up out of my bed. Looking in the mirror. As I looked at my reflection I remember the times so many years ago where we were all so young and free, when Joe and David just got back from war. Nicole brought down her two twins: James and Rosie.
Joe pushed me down upon the grass on a hot summer's day and our lips locked together, and the kids that climbed on top of us made us laugh. Seeing Joe laugh made everything worth while.
And as I looked in the mirror I saw myself aged. My once blonde hair had greyed, my posture had slouched and my eyes had darkened.
I took out my spongebag and tried to make myself as I was twenty years ago, with bright eyes and contoured features.
I wished that I could turn back time, just for a day.. And I could stay with Joe, we could have brought up Emily together. We could have worked it out between David.. I thought about what would have happened if my daughter didn't happen to be the one David's son fell in love with..
Joe could still be here, but David's dad would have died much sooner.. He would have continued to be tortured..
And, although David's dad died in hospital a few months after he was found: he managed to see his wife and grandchildren, and he died happy.

I took a look at the door, can I bear to see him there... To see David like that..
David was just the confirmation that it was over; that those days laughing together with Joe and Nicole were gone. That everything was over.
Even so, I couldn't leave him..

--DAVIDS POV--
"David." I heard a voice,
"David it's me, Beth." The voice repeated with eagerness.
I looked over to a lady beside me, I didn't know where I was, and I didn't know who the lady was..
"You're a very pretty lady." I told her, smiling.
The lady smiled with tears in her eyes, "thank you."
She put her hands on mine, and I felt comfortable.
"Tell me about your life." I asked her, she looked confused,
"I.. I don't know.." She began,
"Was it happy?" I asked her.
"Yes." She paused, her eyes watering, "yes, it was so so happy."
"You only happen once.. Enjoy this happening." I told her.

--BETHS POV--
My mouth dropped and tears fell down.
"I am happy." Said David. "Me and Tom went sledging today."
My heart shattered... He thought he was a child... Everything about his adulthood and us had gone.. Even Nicole.
"Tell me a story." He said, smiling at me.
"There was once a man named David." I began,
"That's my name."
"It is.. And David had lots of friends: Amy, Ash, James and Stampy.."
"Stampy,." David sighed, looking up. I hoped that something would click.
"David and Stampy became famous, they made videos together and had millions of fans. David met a girl called Nicole.. And they got married.. And had three children: Rosie, James and Ash." I told him.
"And what happens in the end?" David asked,
I looked down at him, and sadly smiled,
"Who knows.."