things to consider when getting a tumblr blog |

here are some things you should know before getting a tumblr ;
O1. it WILL initially take a lot of your time. however, it can be managed.
O2. there are a lot of triggering things on tumblr (more than other site), but it can be avoided.
O3. you CAN get anonymous hate, but it can be disabled.
O4. there are TONS of blogtypes.

O1. it WILL initially take a lot of your time. however, it can be managed.

people initially will spend a lot of time on tumblr adjusting their theme and reblogging posts. however, you can manage it. you can set up a queue up to 3O1 posts and have it automatically post x number of posts between a certain time period. this can be really nice if you’re in school and you’re worried about being inactive. for example, my photography blog,gracekhieuphotography.tumblr.com, is where I post all of my original photography. it’s hard, because I want to post at least once a day, but I never find the time to. I just set up a queue which I fill ever weekend if I can, then I set it to post for me once a day. it’s really great, especially if you don’t want people unfollowing you for inactivity.

O2. there are a lot of triggering things on tumblr (more than other site), but it can be avoided.

from personal experience, there are A LOT of triggering posts and videos on tumblr. if you get affected by these posts, unfollow them. don’t let it affect you. the best thing about tumblr is that you can follow / unfollow whoever you want to, so if you see something you don’t like, just unfollow them. it’s for your own emotional and mental health influences.

O3. you CAN get anonymous hate, but it can be disabled.

one of the main causes of suicide from tumblr is anonymous hate. the more followers you get, the more messages you’ll get and the more likely you’ll get hate. if you find yourself getting anonymous hate, you can turn off the anonymous function. however, there are some perks to having the anonymous function on. people can ask you for advice without getting publically judged, or you can get anonymous love. that’s great, but if you find yourself getting more hate than love, it’s time to disable it.

O4. there are TONS of blogtypes.

there are possibly endless kinds of blogtypes that you can have on tumblr.
here are a few and some examples:
+ an everything blog:lalochezist.tumblr.com (@w4st3d’s blog)
+ band blog: jadoretujupe.tumblr.com (she’s my friend)
+ your original photography:gracekhieuphotography.tumblr.com
+ quality blog (classic tumblr girl): stronq-hbu.tumblr.com
+ romance blog: my-sunshine-after-the-rain.tumblr.com
+ hipster blog
+ personal/vertical blog
+ pale blog
+ fashion blog
+ organic blog
+ tropical blog
+ classy blog
+ girly blog
+ humor blog
+ black & white blog
+ any kind of blog basically c:

hope this helped! see you next time c:

▬ grace. ♡