how to get brighter eggs

Dying eggs at Easter time is a tradition in many homes across the world. You can dye the eggs with a store-bought dye pack, with food coloring or with natural ingredients such as red onions. No matter which method you use, you may long for the brightly colored Easter eggs advertised on dye packages and TV, rather than lightly colored pastel ones. Tweak your process just a bit so you, too, can have brightly colored Easter eggs.

Things you'll need
- White vinegar
- Cups (one for each color dye)
- Dye (story bought or food coloring )

INSTUCTIONS
1. Pour three tablespoons of white vinegar into each cup. Use one cup for each color of dye.

2. Add the dye colors to the vinegar. If you are using the store-bought colors, dissolve the tablet in the vinegar. If you are using food coloring, add two teaspoons of the color. You may have to combine primary colors to get purple, green and orange.

3. Fill the cup with water. There should be one to two inches of space at the top of the cup, as the water will rise when you insert the egg. Stir.

4. Place the egg into the cup of dye. Allow to sit for five minutes. The longer you let the egg sit in the dye, the brighter it will be.

5. Create a drying rack from an empty egg carton. Turn it over and cut off the tops of the "egg humps."

6. Remove the egg from the dye and allow it to dry. Place them in the egg carton drying rack you created.

7. Re-dye the egg for a brighter color. If you aren't satisfied with the brightness of the egg, you can place it in the dye again for another five minutes. This will add to its color.

Alright! I hope this helps some of you create perfect eggs!
until next time
- pamela

happy easter everyone!