●24. Knowing Each Other●

16th of April, 2016

She awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. Rubbing her knuckles on her eyes and yawning, she got up from the bed. She marched into the bathroom and did her routine. Taking a long shower, she stepped out of the bathroom, wearing her blue kurti. She sat on the bed and wore her red leggings. Drying her hair with a towel, she tied them up in a messy bun. She went downstairs and stood in the middle of the kitchen.

What should I make for breakfast? She thought, looking around in the kitchen.

"Just a cup of coffee for me." She heard his voice from the living room.

Does he have some super natural powers that he can read other's mind? She thought, looking at him through the kitchen window.

She made coffee for him and tea for herself. She poured coffee into a cup and put it in a tray. She walked out of the kitchen and went to the living room where he was sitting and reading newspaper.

"Your coffee!" She offered, placing the cup on the table.

He looked up at her from the newspaper and smiled. She smiled back at him and walked back into the kitchen to bring her tea. He folded the newspaper and put it aside. He leaned in and took the cup.

She came there with her tea and sat down on the opposite side of his sofa. They both sat silently and sipped on their precious coffee/tea.

"Seems like you're not going your office today." She said, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah!" He said, sipping on his coffee. "Just want to rest today." He added, leaning back to the sofa and raising his cup in the air.

"That's good." She said, smiling a bit.

"I'm already missing Ansh and Disha!" He said pouting, after some seconds, placing his cup on the table.

She smiled at him and said, "Same here." She sipped on her tea and continued. "Though I'm tension free 'cause they are with Adi. "

"Yeah! I have sent them there, only because Adi wanted them to have their summer vacation there. Or I would have never sent them to Mom because-"

He stopped, realizing he was just going to say something he would never want to tell her.

"Because what?" She narrowed her eyes at him, leaning in and placing the cup on the table.

"Nothing!" He shook his head, closing his eyes for a moment and cursing himself.

"Rishaan?" She called his name in low voice, almost in a whisper and he looked at her, in her eyes. "You can trust me!" She said, and he couldn't help but stare at her.

He didn't say anything for some time and kept staring at her. "I do but.. "He trailed off with a shrug.

"Then why are you-"

Before she could complete, his phone rang and she stopped.

"Hey Sam!" Rishaan said, picking up the call.

"What?" He almost shouted, looking at Amaya. She raised her eyebrows, asking him what.

"No! I told you I'm not coming today." He sighed.

"Fine! I'm coming but change the time of meeting. I might come after lunch." He said, giving a tired look to Amaya.

"Yeah! See you in the meeting." Saying that, he cut the call.

"Office life literally sucks!" He cursed, massaging his forehead with his forefinger and thumb.

She chuckled at him. "I'm still living my college life." She joked and instead of chuckling back, his face became stone cold serious in a matter of seconds.