●15. His Selfless Love●

November 11, 2015
[The same day of Diwali]

The fire brigade team reached within twenty minutes and controlled the situation. They had strictly ordered Adi and Amaya to not enter inside without their permission. But Amaya ran inside once she felt like they controlled the fire. She couldn't see anything as before the orange flame had turned into the white smoke now. It looked like something out of a horror movie, twisted plastic, dark walls and charred wooden posts, nothing to salvage, not a damn thing! The room was reduced to nothing but ashes and charcoal. Adi also ran behind her. Amaya coughed and covered her mouth with her palm. Fanning with her other hand, she walked inside.

"Ma'am?"

"Excuse me ma'am, who gave you the permission to come inside?"

"Amar, take her out please. It's still dangerous here."

"No." Amaya pushed the guy and kept walking. "Ansh!" She cried out his name and tears started rolling down her cheeks. Her heart was beating fast and she had the feeling that he wasn't well.

One guy came and grabbed her elbow to stop Amaya, "You can't go inside, ma'am."

"Leave me." Amaya jerked off her hand. "How can you-"

"Calm down. We are trying-"

"My son and my hus.. and my husband are.. " Amaya coughed placing her palm over her mouth and then continued, "are trapped here for God knows how long and you want me to calm down? How can you-"

"We are trying our best. Right now, we are just waiting for this smoke to fade away so we can see clearly and find them." The man tried to make her understand.

"You can't-" Amaya was cut off by Adi interrupting.

"Bhabhi please." Adi tried to stop Amaya. "Let her go, I'm with her." He tried to convince the man.

"But you two just stay here and let us do our job." He said strictly, wore his mask and disappeared in the smoke.

Amaya was so broken. She had no strength to lose the last hope of her life. Ansh was the only reason she was living her life for. She just stood there in a corner, leaning back to the wall and placing her palm over her mouth so no one could hear her crying. Adi also stood beside her.

"Sir, there's no one in this room." One of the men shouted and Amaya's heart literally stopped at that moment.

How is this possible!? Where is Ansh then? And Rishaan? Where is he? Amaya's mind was flooded with so many unanswered questions.

"Check properly Raj!" Another man shouted.

"Okay sir."

"Adi, how is this possible? Where are they?" Amaya cried, holding the collars of Adi's shirt. She questioned something he couldn't answer.

"Sir, I can see someone's legs near that cupboard." Amaya left his collars as soon as she heard that. She turned and tried to look in that direction. She took a small step, still looking there. She took another step but stopped by Adi grabbing her wrist.

"You can't go there, bhabhi. They have strictly told us to stay here." Adi tried to stop Amaya.

Amaya looked at Adi's face, put her other hand on his hand and just removed it. She turned around and started walking into that direction.

"Who is there?"

One of the men switched on his torch and tried to see who there was.

"Oh my God sir! He is-"