●12. Friendship or Deal?●

October 9, 2015

"What happened Shaan?" Adi asked as he literally flung open the door and huffed, putting his hands on his waist. He was breathing so heavily and panting for air. He saw Rishaan who was sitting on his chair and had his head clenched in his palms. It made Adi more scared.

"Oh my... Is everything okay?" Adi asked as he sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"Shaan, what-" Adi began, just as Rishaan looked up with his heavy eyes.

"I've fucked up everything." Rishaan admitted, clenching his hair in his hands.

"What happened man?" Adi asked, looking at his elder brother with so much concern in his eyes.

"Amaya." Rishaan just uttered her name. Adi looked at Rishaan with such a confused face.

"Bhabhi?" Adi asked. "What has happened to her? Is she okay? And if she is not then what are you doing here? Gosh! Shaan what-"

"Adi, please. It's nothing like that. She is fine." Rishaan said and Adi sighed in relief. "Or maybe she isn't!" He mumbled in such a low voice but enough for Adi to hear.

"What happened bro?" Adi asked as he stood up and walked to Rishaan's side. Adi stood behind Rishaan and put a hand on his back. "Have you two fought again?" He asked and Rishaan totally ignored his question and just sat there, looking down.

"I kept abasing her. Ugh! Shame on me." Rishaan said and slammed his palms on the table in anger. "I said so many bad and mean things to her, without knowing anything about her." He looked down again. He had no courage to face anyone. "I am feeling so-"

"When you've done something wrong, admit it and be sorry. Just say sorry. Simple. No one in history has ever been choked to death for saying sorry." Adi added the later part with a little chuckle and Rishaan looked up at him but didn't say anything.

I don't think only a sorry would be enough for what I've done. I actually need to change. Rishaan thought.

"I don't have courage to face her." Rishaan said after a few minutes, his voice a little low. "And no, it's not as simple as that." He added.

"Oh! So my brother is scared of my bhabhi." Adi smirked at Rishaan, just to tease him.

"This won't work here." Rishaan shook his head at Adi and stared down at the keyboard of his laptop. "And if you can't help then kindly leave." He added, knowing Adi was staring at him with a chuckle.

There are times when my brain fries up. It's no excuse I know; I own my behaviour. But what I said that night was... In his heart Rishaan retracted all the bad things he had said to Amaya. They were never a reflection on her, but only on my inner demons. Rishaan wished if he could take his words back.

"Shaan?"

She is broken, shattered in so many ways. Her heart, poorly stapled shut, beating hard but without any purpose. Her mind is like a lost man at sea, starving for some reason to live. Desperate for a memory, good, warm, welcoming, one she could smile to. But what did I do to that already broken soul? I threw pebbles, pebbles of my stupid thoughts and taunts, and just broke her more. Oh God! How stupid I was!

Rishaan clenched his head in his palms, frustrated.

"Rish?"

I have to make everything fine before it gets more worse. And... I can't let her do that job if she or Ansh and Disha are not safe. I have to talk to her. But firstly, I have to ask for apology. I can't let her feel this pain. It's not good for her. Not for Ansh and Disha too. They need her love and if something happens to her—