●11. Misunderstandings●

August 27, 2015
[The Same Day]

"It's enough Amaya!" Rishaan stood up from the sofa. "Who are you to question me?" He asked, pointing his index finger at Amaya. "And yeah, let me ask this first. Where were you? On a date with your lover?" He asked her with an angry smirk. "Oh come on, I know you have a boyfr-"

And there came a tight slap oh Rishaan's cheek.

"Shut. Up." Amaya said with her gritted teeth. It was so unexpected, for Rishaan and Adi both. Adi made himself ready to hear some 'holy words' from Rishaan but nothing like that happened. Rishaan didn't know what had just happened or maybe he was too shocked to believe it. He just stood there, not really knowing what to react. He just stayed quiet. In his whole life no one had ever slapped him, not even his parents. They treated him like a prince, that he actually was! She turned and continued rubbing Disha's palms.

"Mummy." Amaya heard Disha's mumbling, who was still laying there with her eyes closed. "Mummy." She again mumbled and Amaya could see her face getting a little tensed.

"I'm right here Dishu." Amaya whispered as she placed her hand on Disha's forehead and moved it soothingly.

"Mummy." Disha again mumbled and opened her eyes slowly. Amaya had tears in her eyes. As Disha opened her eyes and blinked twice, Amaya just engulfed her in a big hug, taking her in her lap.

Amaya held Disha so tight as if she was scared to lose Disha. After all, rain has always taken her everything away from her. Amaya let her tears fall down. While on the other hand, Rishaan was looking at the floor, not wanting to see the sight in front his eyes. Adi was smiling at them. He felt like Amaya was the perfect mother for Disha. And when Amaya slapped Rishaan he also felt that she was the only woman who had this thing in her to make Rishaan normal again.

Amaya kept rubbing Disha's back until she pulled apart. "Dishu, how are you beta?" Amaya asked and Disha just sat there in her lap, blankly. "Dishu, what-"

"Bhaiya." Disha jumped down and ran to the opposite side of the sofa where Ansh was laying. "Mummy, Bhaiya ko kya hua?" She asked as she kept staring at him. "[What has happened to him?]"

"He will be-" Amaya stopped as she heard the sound of someone ringing the bell.

"The doctor must be there." Adi said and walked to the door. He opened the door and found a middle aged man standing at the door with his bag in his hand. He guessed him the doctor.

"Doctor Amar Pratap." The man said with a smile and Adi smiled back with a little nod before letting him in.

Rishaan stood up as he saw the doctor. He moved aside so the doctor could treat Ansh. Amaya also stood up from the floor and picked Disha up in her arms. He sat down next to Ansh and checked his pulse first and then checked him with his stethoscope.

"He has fever, doctor." Amaya said as she saw the doctor putting his stethoscope back in his bag.

"Seems like he has got wet in the rain." The doctor said and Amaya just nodded her head. "Don't worry, I'm giving this injection to him. He'll wake up within an hour." He said and Amaya sighed in relief.

Thank God, he is at least fine. Amaya closed her eyes as the doctor pierced the injection. He gave prescription to Rishaan. Rishaan looked at it and then at the doctor. Rishaan smiled at him and shook his hand, thanking him. Adi left to drop the doctor to the gate.