●22. Forget And Forgive●

28th of February, 2016

It was 5:35 am and Rishaan was sitting on the couch, his head resting back, and eyes closed. He opened his eyes, tilted his head to the left side and looked out of the window. Only an hour ago the blackness of night was absolute, but now, the sky was glowing with blue. He was awake whole night, thinking and not thinking, in that barren state which was not sleep, nor yet full wakefulness, and which was a painful strain, filled with some beautiful memories. The sun looked so pure gold in the sky, giving him all the positive vibes. But this perfect dawn turned into a squandered one instead of a savoured one.

Should I be happy that it's our sixth marriage anniversary, Diya? Or should I be unhappy that you're not with me, for the fourth time this year? He closed his eyes and some tears escaped from his eyes.

~ Flashback ~

Rishaan woke up early and rolled out of the bed, moving softly down the stairs to the kitchen. He went to the kitchen with the kind of smile on his face that couldn't hide the love that warmed him from within. Thirty minutes later, he got upstairs with pancakes, sandwich and freshly squeezed juice in a tray. He laid the tray gently on the bedside table and leaned in for a kiss.

"Happy first wedding anniversary, love!" Diya opened her sleepy eyes and a warm grin spread over his face.

She got up and looked at him and his eyes - dark brown like chocolate eyes, giving her such a mischievous smile. She couldn't move her eyes away from him. He was driving her crazy, with his not-so-gentle smile.

"Rishu, you are so fucking intoxicating in all the right ways." She said, placing her hand behind his neck and pulling him for another kiss. After another not-so-small kiss, he brought up the breakfast tray and set it before him.

"Be ready for more surprises after this!" He said, winking at her. She smiled widely, with a mouth full of pancake.

"You're surely going to be my death!" She said, taking the glass full of orange juice which made him chuckle.

~ Flashback Ends ~

Death - The painful truth and the end!

End? Really?

He closed his eyes, remembering how they celebrated their first wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect. And now..

Oh Diya, when you left me I also wanted to be lost with you, to take that step into the unknown at your side. But then, there was Disha who really needed me. He thought, moving his thumb on her photo. You just left, without any warnings, without returning my heart back to me. You know what? When I saw you laying on hospital bed with your eyes closed, In that moment my world collapsed. I felt so numb. I felt so helpless. Where there was light became shadows. You were my only light, Diya. Why did you leave me and our newly born first baby? Why? He cried, holding her photo.

I dedicate the rest of my life to your memory. He said, after some moments, wiping his tears away. He closed his eyes, letting his eyes to shed more tears. I can only pray that we will be reunited in the next, that God would see fit to give us more time. He said, with a small sad smile.

"No!" He opened his eyes, shocked, hearing that melodious voice of hers. He couldn't believe his eyes that she was really standing right in front of him.

"Diya?" He half whispered, half yelled, still shocked.

"Don't take my name, Rishu!" She said, smiling sadly.