●19. A Good Start?●

1st January, 2016

A new day has come, new possibilities, a fresh page yet to be written. Purge all the negative thoughts and focus on all the positive. Just do it. Rishaan woke up to this thought.

Rishaan got up from the couch and looked on the bed. Disha and Ansh both were sleeping peacefully occupying his whole bed. It was first time for Ansh to sleep in his bedroom. He had thought he would cuddle with them whole night but what happened last night made him chuckle and laugh at his fate. The way Ansh and Disha kicked him from both sides that he had to sleep on the couch, made him laugh at himself.

How does Amaya manage to sleep with them!? Rishaan thought, running his long fingers through his messy hair. Stretching his limbs, he stood up and went near to the bed. He chuckled more, looking them and the way they were sleeping. Ansh was sleeping flat on his stomach, burying his head under the pillow and spreading his legs while Disha was sleeping in totally opposite direction. Her right leg was near Ansh's bum as if she was going to kick his ass. Rishaan took his mobile phone from the bedside table and captured them in his camera. He didn't want to wake them up for their school.

Rishaan went downstairs to tell Amaya to not prepare lunch box for them because they weren't going their school. When he reached down he saw two lunch boxes on the dining table. She's so fast! He thought and walked into the kitchen. She was packing her own lunch box and he guessed that she was going her college today.

"Happy new year." Rishaan wished in a low voice, knowing she always got scared by his sudden presence.

Amaya turned around and looked at Rishaan with a smile and said, "Happy new year."

Rishaan liked how she smiled, showing the top row of her teeth. He liked the way her dimples crinkled. There was no fakeness. Her smile was so genuine and beautiful.

What am I watching and thinking? Rishaan asked himself and changed his gaze.

"You're going your college today?" Rishaan asked, looking at her.

"Yeah!" Amaya replied, leaning back to the platform.

"I'm staying home today and so are kids." Rishaan said and she looked at him with confusion.

"Why?" Amaya asked and he could see a crease of confusion on her forehead.

"Just... I just want to start my new year with them, not with those files. I want to start my new year with those people who really mean to me, not with those who are nothing to me." Rishaan said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Sounds good." Amaya smiled at him.

"So... are you going or staying at home?" Rishaan asked her, hoping she would say yes, I'm staying.

"Going." Amaya's smile disappeared as she spoke.

"Oh! Okay." Rishaan really had not expected that from her. He was kind of disappointed.

"Semester exams are starting from 4th of January and I have to go. There's no other option." Amaya cleared it with a blank face, seeing his disappointed face.

Rishaan just nodded his head with a little smile and turned to leave. He took a step but stopped. He turned around and looked back at her. She was looking down and seemed unhappy.