●23. "I Want YOU"●

April 5, 2016

Everything was blurry for a minute. She rubbed her knuckles on her eyes and then looked around in the room, only to find Ansh and Disha sleeping peacefully beside her. She was happy that they had been sleeping with her for the last three days as Rishaan had some pain in his back. She smiled at them and leaned in, rubbing the tip of her nose against Disha's. Disha giggled in her sleep and then opened her eyes slowly.

"Happy Birthday Dishu!" Amaya kissed the tip of her nose as she said.

"Thank you mommy!" Disha said, jumping in her lap and hugging her so tightly.

Amaya kissed her hair and wrapped her arms around her back, pulling her more closer.

"Let's wish your bhaiya now." Amaya said, pulling apart.

"Yess!" Disha squealed. She got down from her lap and sat beside her.

Amaya moved to Ansh's side and moved her fingers in his messy hair, slowly. Ansh shook his head and turned to other side. Amaya chuckled at him.

"Anshu?" She said, tickling him.

"Mumma!" Ansh laughed, tossing his body on the bed.

"Happy Birthday baby!" Amaya wished and stopped tickling him.

Ansh looked at her and smiled so widely. He was waiting for this day for so long.

"Thank you!" Ansh said, smiling so widely at her.

"Happy birthday bhaiya!" Disha said, forwarding her hand for a shake.

Ansh smiled so widely at her and said, "Same to you." And they shook their hands.

"Now c'mon, get ready fast. I don't want you to be late on your exam." Amaya said, rolling over in her slovenly sheets. "I'm waiting for you two downstairs." With that, she left the room and went downstairs.

As she left the room, her smiling face turned into a pale one. She reached down and stood in the middle of the kitchen. As she closed her eyes, what happened exactly four years ago started flashing on her mind. The way he coughed up blood and took his last breath in front of her, broke her heart into pieces. Automatically some tears started rolling down her cheek. If it was not Ansh or Disha's birthday, she would surely sit in a corner and cry for the whole day. But she didn't want them to know about the reality. She briskly wiped the tears from her eyes, the memory still fresh in her mind.

I wish you were here on Ansh's birthday, Himu. She thought, closing her eyes for a moment. Shaking her head and opening her eyes, she tried to concentrate on her work.

In half an hour, Ansh and Disha were downstairs, having their breakfast on the dining table.

"Mumma, I want to have chocolate cake." Disha said excited, munching on her toast.

Amaya passed a small smile at her and nodded her head in agreement.

"And what about you, Ansh?" Amaya asked, looking at him with the same smile.

Ansh didn't say anything for some seconds and then replied, "Anything!"

Amaya smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He pouted at her and she laughed a bit at him. He so many times looks like you, Himu! Amaya thought and a single tear rolled down her cheek which she wiped so quickly.

Just then her eyes landed on Rishaan who reached down and was ready to go out for jogging. He glanced at dining area but ignored them and directly ran to the main door before anyone would catch him.