13. Arvo is a Bitch

Clementine woke up alone in the truck. She looked outside. The sun was setting. She opened the door, she caught sight of a cabin. She ran inside and saw the group. Kenny was holding the baby. She sat next to him.

"Hey, Clem. I was thinking. We should give him a name." Kenny said to her.

"Yeah. I was thinking Alvin Jr. AJ for short." She said to him.

"Yeah. I like that." Kenny looked down at the sleeping child.

Clementine got up and looked outside. It was now dark. She decided to go back to sleep.

————

She woke up to the sound of voices. Three of them. She got up, she looked outside. Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo were loading up the truck. She ran outside and yelled, "Hey! What do you think you're doing!?"

"Clem!" Bonnie exclaimed. Clementine pulled her gun on them. "You can come with us."

"No! That's Kenny's truck. He's worked so hard on that."

"Put the gun down, Clementine." Mike ordered with caution. Arvo was holding a shotgun at her. Mike approached the girl, then he took away her gun. She saw Arvo cock the shot gun, and point it back at her. She heard a gunshot and a pain in her shoulder. She hit the ground and blacked out.

————

Clementine woke up in the back of the truck. Jane was in the front holding AJ.

She tried to sit up, but a pain shot through her shoulder. She winced in pain. "Take it easy, Clem. Arvo shot your shoulder." Kenny said to her.

She laid back down across Kevin and Jack's laps. Kenny stopped the truck. "Okay. I'm gonna clear out these walkers. If I don't come back in five minutes, leave." Kenny said. "Clem, get in the front seat." She struggled to climbed into the front. Kenny shut the door once he made sure she got up there safely.

"So if you have to drive, release the break easily then carefully press the gas." Jane instructed. When five minutes passed, Jane spoke out, "We have to go."

"Not without Kenny!" Clementine exclaimed.

"Now, Clem! Now!" Jane yelled. She pressed the gas and drove the truck until she couldn't couldn't make it go anymore. They were at a rest stop. They got out and went inside. Clementine tried to find Kenny. He was no where to be seen.

"I'm gonna go and try to find Kenny." She said. Clementine walked outside and into the blistering storm. She saw Kenny, she ran over to him. He was sitting on a bench. She tapped him, he turned around. His eyes were white. He hissed at her and reached for her.

She started to cry, she screamed. She looked around her. There were no walkers. He must've froze to death. "Why?" She managed to get out.

She pulled her gun out of her backpack then loaded it. She pressed it between Kenny's eyes, she pulled the trigger. She started to break down crying. She curled in a ball and leaned her head against the seat of the bench. She looked at Kenny's dead body. His head looked empty without his hat. She wished he had it so she could have something from him.

Clementine closed her eyes and remembered all of the good times they had. He wanted so much to protect her and AJ. "I promise Kenny, I will keep AJ safe." She told his dead body.

Clementine looked up to see Jane. "I can't find AJ." Jane said. Clementine started to get cross with her.

"You what?" Clementine asked her.

"What happened to Kenny?" Jane asked.

"He turned. Had to put him down." Clementine said to her, staying serious. "What happened to AJ?" She asked Jane.

"I don't know." Jane said.

"What do you mean, 'you don't know'?!" Clementine yelled at her.

"Ssh. You're gonna draw walkers!" She told the crying girl.

"Walkers aren't my point of concern right now, Jane! Where the hell is AJ?!" She screamed. Jane put her hands up in defense. The boys came running over. Clementine lunged at her, grabbing her knife out of her pocket. She aimed it right at Jane's chest. "Tell me where the fuck he is." Clementine growled in her ear.

The boys tried to pull the angry girl off of Jane. Kevin finally grabbed his gun and pointed it at her head. "Go ahead and shoot. I have nothing to live for now. Lee, Luke, AJ, Kenny, and Nick are dead." She said. Kevin put his gun down, letting Clementine stab Jane in the chest. She looked at the young girl on top of her, then her eyes went dull.

Clementine heard crying in the distance and scrambled to her feet. She ran off with Jack calling after her. She neared a car, the crying was coming from the inside. It was AJ. She picked him up and cooed at him in her arms.

"It'll be alright, AJ. It'll be alright." She said to him. "I'm here now. Jane is gone."

The boys neared her and looked at her in horror. She was still clutching the knife, with blood all over her hands, face, and clothes. She looked back down at AJ and smiled.

"Cl-Clem," Jack started. "I think we should get going. Here. Lemme hold AJ." He reached for Rebecca's baby, but Clementine pulled back.

"No!" She screamed. She ran away from the boys. "I'm going on my own." She walked into the building, luckily she found some food. She placed it in her backpack and found five water bottles. She placed those in her backpack too. She wrapped AJ in two more blankets to keep him warm.

Clementine wandered about the building and spotted a jacket. It was blue with a rainbow on it. She put it on and walked back out. The boys were gone. She continued on her way.

Clementine decided to go west. Luke always talked about going there. She walked and walked and walked. She came across a field and covered herself and AJ in walker guts. She chopped into walkers with her Axe.

She eventually came across a house so she broke into it. She decided to make herself at home, since no one else was there. She put AJ to sleep, and fell into her own slumber afterwards.