9. Payton?

Clementine woke up to see Lee was gone, again. She became worried, but remembered they were safe and inclosed in walls. She decided she would take a shower. She went into the bathroom and found a towel. She took off her hat and took off her hoodie. She had a tank top on underneath. She had taken off her shoes when she heard a knock at the door.

She answered it after she laid her towel on the bed. "Hey Clem." It was Luke.

"Hi Luke." She blushed. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothin just wanted to hang out. So does Nick." Luke answered. Nick popped in.

"Your hat's off." He said.

"Yeah. Do you guys mind waiting? I was about to take a shower." She asked them.

"Sure." Luke said. She walked inside and they followed. They both sat on her bed. She went back in, pulled out her ponytails, she got undressed and turned the water on.

The water felt good on her skin. Surprisingly, she saw a bottle of shampoo. She would never expect to see that during the apocalypse.

She washed her hair and her face.

She finished up, then realized she had left her towel in the room on her bed. "Hey Luke!" She called. She turned off the water, waiting for a response.

"Yeah?" He called back.

"Can you bring me my towel? It's laying on the bed!" Clem asked him.

Clementine heard him walk in the door so she held her hand out. He left, she stepped out. She wrapped the towel around her and dried off. She quickly stepped into different clothing then dried her hair. She had found a blow drier so she used that.

She wrapped her hair back in the ponytail holders and put her hat on. She saw Luke and Nick and smiled at them. They made her world light up. So do Kenny and Lee, but in a different way.

The three walked out into the area where Luke  and Clementine have hung out the last two times she's went on a walk.

They had started talking when she heard someone calling for her. She ran over to them to see Bonnie. She had completely forgotten about school.

She did her work per usual which took about an hour. She went into the lobby of the store, when she saw Payton sitting alone.

"Hey." She said while sitting down across from her.

"Hey." Payton said coldly, keeping her eyes fixated on her hands.

"What's wrong?" Clementine asked her.

"Stay away from him!" Payton turned and glared at her.

"Wh-who are you talking about?!" Clementine said back, shocked.

"Luke! Who else!?" She questioned.

"Well...Nick, Nathan, Lee—" She was cut off.

"Just stay the hell away from him!" Payton snapped.

"No! He's my bestfriend!" Clementine yelled back.

"Stay away. Or else...!" She barked.

"Or else...what?" Clementine asked sarcastically.

"You'll regret it!" She yelled and stormed off. Clementine wondered what all that was about.

She had started to walk back to the hotel around five minutes later, when she was stopped. She turned around to reveal Payton again. What did she want?

"Listen, I'm sorry about back there. I just...I have a crush on Luke and my teenage hormones get the best of me." She apologized. Clementine decided she would forgive her because holding a grudge against someone is the most selfish thing to do right now.