5. What is Sex?

—One month later—

Today is her birthday. Clementine will never forget the best birthday present she ever received from anyone. Her camo gun and knife.

She lost that along with all of her other belongings in her backpack. But, yesterday Pete and Nick went to the river. She almost went, but she felt sick. Nick found a backpack and gave it to her. Ironically, it was her old one with ALL of her stuff in it.

But, Nick explained that after Pete found her bag, he got bit and ran off. The reason it took Nick so long was because he tried to find Pete, but found his dead body in return.

Nick looked devastated as he handed Clementine her bag.

————

"Luke!" Clementine called out as he fell through the bridge. She ran over to him, he caught himself on a pole. "I can't reach!" She stuck her hand towards him, her fingertips flailing about as she tried to grab Luke's hand.

Clementine looked over and saw a walker inching towards him. She spotted his machete, she handed it to him so he could defend himself.

She got up and killed a walker that was dragging itself near her. She dodged another, it fell off of the bridge, then she killed one that was behind a car.

Clementine looked back and saw Luke pull himself up. He walked over to her and smiled, "Thanks kid." He placed his arm on her shoulder. She blushed, he luckily didn't notice.

Clementine looked forward, there was a man at the end of the bridge. She looked back and saw Nick. He had a gun pointed at the guy.

"Nick! No—" She tried to stop Nick, but Luke pulled her to the ground just as Nick shot the gun.

————

The group was fighting with another at the ski lodge. She is short, and everyone is tall so she couldn't see anything. She pushed her way through everyone, she saw a familiar face.

"Kenny?"

He put down his gun. She ran over to him, she hugged him. "I thought you were dead!"

"Well, I survived." He chuckled. She smiled up at him, but she quickly remembered he was with Lee when they disappeared. But Lee wasn't here.

She frowned, sadness immediately flooded her face. Kenny looked into her eyes, he smiled.

"I'll be right back. I have something that will make you feel better." He told her. He went inside the ski lodge and the girl that was next to him followed.

She turned around to face her group.

"Do you know him?" Rebecca asked.

"Yeah. He's an old friend. Very old friend. Been together since the beginning." Clementine looked up to Rebecca. "If only Lee were here." She mumbled.

"Hey, Sweet Pea." Clementine turned around to see Lee standing next to a smiling Kenny. She ran to hug him, when she wrapped her arms around him, he almost fell to the ground.

"I missed you so much!" She cried into his shoulder. Kenny and Lee both chuckled.

"This your group?" Kenny questioned. The girl was standing next him.