Chapter 2

Reginæ.

I finished up my shift and clocked out. I dialed August number and waited once it started ringing.

"Wassam? You ready?" He asked as soon as he picked up.

"Yessss!" I groaned switching my feet back & forth because they started hurting. "Ight I'm pulling up."

I hung up the phone as I walked further into the parking lot seeing his car turn in. He drove up slowly before coming to a complete stop so I could get in.

"Whew!" I quickly took my shoes off. I looked over at Aug and he looked at me scrunching up his nose. I nudged his shoulder "Drive please." He laughed as he started driving off.

--

"Okay what you want me to listen to?" I asked putting my feet up in his couch. "I wrote a new song with Knuck today." He smiled. I nodded my head letting him continue.

" It's 2 o'clock and I'm faded
This kush feeling amazing
Got a voice mail on my phone
From a lil breezy feeling X-rated
She told a nigga she hurting
I'm in the car and I'm swerving
I walked into her bedroom
I put it down that's certain
Man I stay on that Ciroc
Man I stay taking shots
Man your girl be on my jock
Maybe because I'm everything your not
See I ain't no bitch nigga no rich nigga
No snitch nigga Ima real nigga that's real nigga
I'm just trying to chill cause
I'm way too drunk to be talking like this
I'm way too high to be tripping like this
I'm way too young to be living like this
Ask me why I do it
Imma put it like this
God Damn It"

"That's all I got so far" he laughed a bit. I was in total shock "Wow Aug that's amazing! That's going to be a hit right there!" I smiled.

"Ya think so?" I nodded my head.

"Yeah I'm trying to think of the chorus but it's kind of hard. We got the verses but not chorus." I nodded my head and reached my hand out for his notebook and pen.

"What chu bout ta right?" He tried pulling the notebook away but I popped his hand.

After a minute of brainstorming, I finally attempted to come up with the chorus. I handed him his stuff back "Re-sing it" I smirked.

" I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
God damn it I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
I luv it, I luv it
So I'ma keep on drinking cause I luv this shit
And Ima keep on smoking cause I luv this shit
And I'ma keep on grinding cause I luv this shit
She tell me keep fucking cause she luv this shit
And I luv it"

He finished singing and the biggest smile appeared on his face.

"Næ this is great! I love you man!" He pulled me into a tight hug. "Aug you cutting off my circulation." I chuckled.

He let go and stared into my eyes before leaning in to kiss me. Coming a inch closer it happened that fast. I kissed my best friend. Well my best friend kissed me. I came back into reality and pulled away.

"I'm sorry ma." He coughed a lil bit. I fanned him off, feeling a bit uncomfortable now. I slowly got up from the couch. "Can you take me back to school now?" I asked softly. "I thought you were going to stay?"

I shook my head biting the inside of my mouth trying to come up with a lie. "I got a test in my first block which is at 8."

He nodded his head and cleared his throat as he stood up. He grabbed his keys and I grabbed my bags and followed him out the door.

--

"Thanks again for the ride Aug" I smiled putting some hair behind my ear. "No thanks for helping me with the song. I owe ya one" he smiled. I waved bye and made my way into the building.

I couldn't believe what happened.. I didn't want to to talk about it with him so for now I was just going to play it cool.