Chapter 1

Reginæ.

I hurried out my bed as I tried to prepare myself for my first day at work. I was going to start working at Charlotte Russe in the Lenox Mall and to say I was nervous was a understatement. This is my very first job. I quickly washed up and began throwing on the clothes I picked out last night. Once I was completely dressed I gelled my hair into a sloppy bun, finished up grabbing the things I needed and began to call August for a ride.

"Are you on your way yet?" I asked impatiently once he picked up.

"Yeah I'm down the street na. "

I didn't bother to say anything else, I hung up the phone tossing it in my pocketbook and walked out my building. I stood on the steps for a few seconds before his car pulled up. I quickly got in the back seat considering his girl friend was in here. "Hey Reginæ" she said a little to happy for me. "Hey girl. " I fake smiled.

"Where you workn at again?" August turned around facing me as he stopped at the red light. "Charlotte Russe."

"That's in the mall? Right?" I nodded my head at him while he started staring at his rear view mirror so he could see my face.

After a few more lights we made it. He parked at the entrance and I quickly got out rushing inside without saying thank you. As soon as I walked into the packed store the manager greeted me at the front.

"Late on the first day is not a good sign. You'll work over time on your lunch break." I nodded my head and stormed to the back to clock in.

Once I got the hang of everything I began enjoying it. All the customers and just the excitement of working with people other than school felt pretty good. I felt like a real grown woman.

"Excuse me ma'am, but where did you get that top? It is gorgeous." A woman that looked to be in her early 30's asked.

"Thanks! And I got it from Body Central awhile back." I smiled as I started multitasking.

She looked a little disappointed since I said awhile ago because she know it's not in there now. She just stared at me thinking on what she was going to say.

"Well I'll just have to order one then, I really like that style. But thanks again!"
I gave her quick smile as I continued to work.

"Reginæ, you can go on break now." My boss called through the walkie-talkie we had. I went to the back and clocked out mashing the 1 hour timer so it could countdown my time.

I walked to the food court looking around before I decided that I wanted Chick-fil-A.

"What would you like to eat ma'am?" The cashier asked.

"Can I have a number 1 combo without the pickles and a small oreo milkshake." I grabbed for my wallet preparing myself to pay her. "$10.15" she mumbled. I handed her the money as she printed out the receipt. I stood over to the side so other people could order.

"788!" A tall man yelled from the back. The cashier grabbed the bag and handed it to me. I took the food and went to a empty table. I sat down pulling everything out.

I remembered not telling August thank you so I also took this time to call him.

It rung a few times before he answered the phone sounding out of breath. "You off already? Damn! I just dropped you off." I laughed a little bit by the way he was talking.

"No dumby, I'm on break. I was calling to say thanks for giving me a ride." I took a bite of my sandwich.

He sucked his teeth "Man you know I gotchu! Belie Dat!" I smiled just by him caring about me.

"Anyways are you at the studio? You all out of breath and stuff." I asked becoming nosey.

"Ya and I want you to stay tonight if you can.. so I can sing you my new song." I nodded my head as if he could see me. "Cool cool" I mumbled.

"Well you gon' head and eat. Just call me when ya ready. " I okay'd him and we hung up. I continued eating my food until I was finished and headed back to work.

A/N : well I hope you enjoyed! My first fan fiction book