Chapter 8

Reginæ.

"Great job! Ms.Wright, just remember you have one more week left!" Professor Nelson exclaimed. He was happy that I had finally passed his final exam.

I was so excited to be finally graduating from college after these long 3 years. It was a bittersweet moment for me because I'm going to leave all my best friends. But I know we'll still be good friends even later in life.

"Thanks professor" I smiled as I made my way out his class. August was supposed to pick me up from school and take me to work today. I walked out the school building just waiting.

"Uh hey Reginæ." I turned around to see who was talking to me.

"Hey Greg!" I smiled and pulled him into a hug. "Long time no see." He laughed. I nodded my head.

"I haven't seen you since you left! It's boring without you!" He nodded his head.

Greg was my best friend when he was here. He graduated last year and it was the last time I saw him since until today. "You look good girl!" He walked around me in a circle.

"You don't look to bad yourself." I seen August pulling up and I had ended the conversation. "You got the same number?" He nodded his head as he looked in the direction I guess to see what I was looking at.

"Well there's my boyfriend, I'll text you!"

We told each other byes and exchanged hugs with him pulling away from me with a kiss on the cheek.

I got in the car. "Hey baby" I leaned in for a kiss but he denied me. "Okay?"

"Who was that?" I rolled my eyes because I knew where this conversation was going to go.

"I know you hear me, who was that?" He spoke more stern than the first time.

"It was my old best friend August, no big deal." I sighed.

"Then why he kiss you?"

"It was on the cheek." He shook his head "That was not on the cheek, it looked like lips to me." I didn't even reply to what he said. I stared out the window the rest of the ride. I was tired of his antics. He pulled up in front of Lenox watching me get out.

"I'm going to be at the studio late so you gone have to find a ride." I rolled my eyes and closed the door. "Lord Jesus be with me" I mumbled walking into the mall.

August.

I know what I saw, and I know I seen Næ kiss whoever that nigga was. I pulled up at the studio beside Knucks car so we can finish writing this new song we came up with.

"Alright what you got so far mane?"

I gave him my notebook letting him read over all the lyrics I had written down. He nodded his head handing it back to me. "That's good." He turned in his rolling chair around to his keyboard & music system before he put on a beat.

"Go in there and see if this'll work."

I nodded my head following his instructions.

"They don't ever see you like I do
First thing when you wake up
Before you put on your make-up
And they don't really know you like I do
Cause with me you ain't the same
You ain't gotta run no game
Girl cause what you do and what I do ain't different
We both on a mission
I love your ambition
And I know how it's to hit the block and get the guwap
And you know what it is to hit the stage and make it pop
Like damn I hope somebody spend some money today
And I pray nobody come and try to take it away
Cause I'm just out here doing what I gotta do
Cause all these fucking bills are due
And I see all this money to make
So girl you know that