Chapter 23

Reginæ.

"Is that baby awake?" I cooed looking over my 3 week old son.

"He up?" August asked coming into his room looking over my shoulder into his crib. I picked him up and placed him on my chest.

"Baby can you go make him a bottle?"

He nodded his head and left to the kitchen.

I sat Mell down on his changing table and changed his diaper.

"Now that baby cwean.. Come on let's go eat." I picked him up and we walked into kitchen looking at August trying to drink his milk.

"That shit nasty." I laughed taking the bottle out his hand putting in Mells mouth.

"Ain't nobody tell you to be greedy."

"Man whateva you should've just breast fed him. That similac ain't no good. No flava or nothing."

"We tried to breast feed him but he wouldn't take to it.. remember?"

"Well I would've made him. He missing out on the good stuff."

I laughed a little bit "And how you know I got good stuff?"

"Don't.. but I can find out."

"Boy bye."

I finished feeding Ry'Mell; picking him and up placing him on my shoulder so I could burp him.

"No music stuff today?" I looked at August and his eyes was stuck on Mell.

"Nah I'm on a break so I could be here with you and lil man."

I nodded my head as I continued to rub my hands up and down his back until I heard the little hiccup sound. "You gone put him to sleep?"

He took Mell from me as I got up to put the cloth in the washer machine.

" As I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the lord my soul to take

My cup full I'm laid back, I'm bout mine you know that
I'm rag racing, zoom zoom, in a rush to get all that
Cross my heart, I die hard, come throw your hood in all black
If you real you'd recognize"

"That sounds good.. who song is that?"

"I just thought about it as I was rockin' him."

"You need to finish it."

I took Mell out his arms and went to lay him in his crib making sure I turned on his baby monitor before I walked out.

"You gone help me write it?"

I nodded my head as he pulled his MacBook out from its bag.

"Alright lemme type what I had first."

I nodded my head and turned on the TV so I could have something to occupy my time since he was doing that. Not really caring what was on so I turned to cartoons.

"You ready?"

I nodded my head.

"Alright I thought about a couple things.. so I'm going to start from da begin and stop where I left off."

I nodded my waiting on him to start.

" As I lay me down to sleep
I pray the lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I wake
I pray the lord my soul to take

My cup full I'm laid back, I'm bout mine you know that
I'm rag racing, zoom zoom, in a rush to get all that
Cross my heart, I die hard, come throw your hood in all black
If you real you'd recognize

All I do is grind, and pray
Riding through the streets all day
I'm jussssssssst"

"How was that?"

"Yes it sounds good, got me feeling some type of way already." And it was true I was a sucker for August when he sung. I felt like I was in another planet hearing his voice feel my ears.

"So whatchu think I should do? I need some critiques."

"Well I think the part you just came up with should be the chorus and you do it twice so it can make the song more lengthy."

"Lemme put that then." He mumbled putting his focus in his music.

I rubbed the nape of his neck. Even though I hated that he stayed busy so much, it fascinates me on how in tuned and how much effort he puts in.

"You got anything else?"

I was about to speak but his phone started ringing.

"Hey momma."

"Hey what yall doing?"

"Writin' this song.. whatchu doin'?"

"Just sittin' here wid the girls.. I wanna see my grand baby ain't seen him in a couple days."

"Ma you was ova' here yestaday."

That caused me to laugh because his momma was already addicted with my son, well everyone was right now since he was a newborn. They'll get used to him when he turns 1.

"Aight aight.. I love you too."

"Let's take a break."

He closed his laptop and cuddled up with me.

"So when did the doctor say we can do our thang again?"

"In 3 more weeks now. God stop rushing it."

"Gahdamn a nigga got needs." I laughed and pushed his head to the side.

"You can wait.. just like I can."

"Shii-" he got cut off by Ry'Mells little cries.

"Oops looks like you got daddy duty." I kissed his lips and got up from the couch.

"You hungry?"

"Yah!" He called out bringing a quiet Mell in the kitchen.

"What you want?"

"Fried chicken and macaroni." I nodded my head as I prepared to get all the ingredients out. If this is what my life will change to within the next few years.. being a housewife. I wouldn't miss this for the world.