Chapter 3

August.

"That track is good man!" Knuck told me through the booth. I took my headphones off and walked out. "Ya really think so?" He nodded his head.

"How'd you finally get the chorus?"

"Reginæ." I smiled, he smiled back at me.

"She's good man."

I shrugged my shoulders. "You think people are gon' to wanna to sign me?" He nodded his head. "Man with a track like this you'll get signed in no time." I nodded my head.

"I'm about to burn it and put it on a cd so you can let the labels hear it."

I was nervous, only because I didn't want to look like a fool or me not being able to get the deal. I've been working on this music for awhile now and it seems like no one wants to sign me.

But I'm gone keep doing it till I get there because it's Mells wishes. I sighed deeply and released it slow so Knuck couldn't see me stressing out over here.

"Alright man! You good" he smiled at me while handing over the Cd. I took it from him and placed it in my duffle bag. I started getting my things ready until my phone started ringing.

"Wassup baybeh?"

"I miss you." Cierra mumbled in the phone. To be honest I'm tired of her because she's to clingy. She wants me to be around her 24/7 and when I'm around Reginæ she thinks I'm trying to get with her. This is why I don't like relationships.

The only reason why I'm still with her is because she gives me money if I need it. And not just Reginæ being beside me encouraging me she has been too. So it'll be hard for me to leave her.

"I miss you too ma." I held the phone between my ear and shoulder as I dapped up Knuck and walked out. Had to go get Næ from work.

"Where you going?"

I placed everything in the back seat of my car. "To get Næ from work. " she huffed and hung up. I didn't even bother calling back because she was only looking for a argument that I didn't want to start.

I quickly pulled off and made my way to the mall.

"About time you're here. It's hot out here August" she whined getting inside.

I smiled at her as I put the cd to my mouth. "Yes! Oh my gosh!" She yelled snatching it out my hand. She took it out the case and placed into the cd player.

The music started playing and she started bobbing her head back and forth. "Wow, I'm so proud of you Aug" she smiled squeezing my cheeks.

"Chill out mane!" I smacked her hand away. "Knuck said he gone try to get Trinidad James on it. Then it'll really be good" she looked unsure but she nodded her head anyway.

"You going to school? Or?" I asked getting ready to turn down her school road. She bit her lip "I can hang with you for a bit." I smiled and nodded my head. "Well in that case were going to my momma house."

I made a U-turn heading to my mom house. "Good I missed your mom." She cooed.

--

"Ma!" I called out as we made our way inside the house. "Room! " she yelled from upstairs. I grabbed Næ's hand she was taken back but she grabbed it anyway.

We walked into my mom room looking at her fold clothes. "Wassam?" I sat on her bed. Reginæ sat beside me.

"Hey August." She turned around and seen Reginæ and her face automatically lit up. "Well hey there! Come here give me a hug!" Reginæ got up giving her a tight hug before they sat back down beside each other. "I missed you Næ!"

"I missed you too ma." She looked at me giving me a smirk before she turned back around. I got out the room leaving them to have their girl talk. I went downstairs and looked through the cabinets to find me something to eat.

After I ate I went back up there to see what they was talking about but before I opened the door I heard my mom say my name. I pressed softly against the door and listened to they conversation.
"Lord I just wish he'd break up with that Cierra girl and get with you." My mom sighed. I heard Næ little laugh.

"I do have a feeling towards August but I don't think he feels the same. And him having a girl friend makes it worse so I stay my distance. In the friend zone."

"Well maybe if you tell him how you feel he probably feels the same way. You never know until ya try baby girl." I took that as my time to walk in.

"What cha'll talkin' bout in here?" I smirked sitting beside Næ. "Us having a girls day!" My mom blurted out. I laughed in the inside and nodded my head.

My mom nudged Næ indicating that she needed to make a move. "August come here" she grabbed my hand and led me out the room. She pulled me into the girls room and sat us down on the bed.

"Look-" before she could say anything I had cut her off by kissing her lips. It took her awhile for her to finally kiss back but she did. We finally let go and we caught our breath. "I've been wanting to do that for a long time." I smirked at her.

She gave me a shy smile. "Listen Næ I do feel for you, I really do but it's hard for me to just leave Cierra like that. You both have been there for me and has helped me. Even though she's a little selfish about things she's still a good girl. So I don't know what to do." I confessed.

She took a deep breath and wiped her tears that was trying to fall.

"Look August it's cool. I don't want you to feel like you have to choose or anything. I know how you feel about her so I wouldn't do that to you. And I understand that." She gave me a reassuring smile.

I pulled her into a hug. "Okay let's go" she laughed a little bit and walked out the room. I sat there for a little bit. I hope I'm making a good decision by staying with Cierra.