Chapter 39

As soon as he was in my arms his crying stopped which made my heart melt just to have soothed him so simply. 

I know I just did it...but I can't believe it...for the first time in my life I have a family...

The day after I gave birth was a bit of a blur. I hadn't expected that I would be so exhausted after the labor, but unless one of the babies cried to be fed or Sesshomaru was waking me to make sure I stayed fed, then I was out like a light.

For that I was so glad to have Yuki. As funny as it could have been to see, I couldn't imagine Sesshomaru trying to juggle the three on his own. Rin tried to help, but with her size and strength she could either help hold one of the babies for a short period of time or change a diaper cloth as long as they didn't wiggle too much on the ground.

It was now day 2 and the morning light shown bright through the holes in the cavern ceiling. The warmth of it finally woke me up and-for what would probably be the last time in a long time-I felt refreshed and ready for the bundles of joy next to me.

I sat down beside them with my hands on my knees, just watching them slowly wake up. Sesshomaru had woke the second I stirred and knelt next to me, watching me watching them.

Sesshomaru wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me to lean against his side. "They still need names." He whispered quietly.

One of them started to wiggle out of their little fur cocoon and I gingerly scooped them up before they started to fuss and wake the others.

"Any thoughts?" I asked Sesshomaru, peering at him from over my shoulder.

"Isn't it obvious?" He asked as he stared down at her violet eyes as they struggled to stay open.

"Oh really?" I chuckled lightly, giving him a bemused grin. "And what's that?"

"Ume, of course."

(Side note: You-may/Japanese word for plum)

"Of course," I grinned up at him then looked back to her, "It should have been obvious." I agreed with him.

Then the boy started to fuss as his empty tummy started to rumble and wake him. Sesshomaru took Ume from me and I picked him up.

The outfit Yuki gave me was very much like the outfits the other wolf demons I had seen were wearing, a two piece outfit made out of fur and leather. The top was fashioned similar to a halter top and only reached to a couple inches below my chest. It consisted of two layers. The first layer was leather and had the largest amount of material since it made up the straps and covered my back. Where it wrapped around to the front it only covered the sides and underneath my breast, so the rest was exposed. The second layer was fur that was attached stitched in at the straps and hung down across the front for coverage. There were toggles carved out of what I assumed to be bone attached at the edges of the first layer just underneath the breast and they looped into the second layer to hold it in place when needed and then could be undone for when it was time to feed. The second part of the outfit was a high waisted pencil like skirt made of fur. It stopped mid thigh with a slit to the hip and was combined with leather shorts underneath that went to the knee.

It was times like these I was thankful for the healing abilities that came with being a demon. My baby bump was all but nearly gone which helped me feel more comfortable wearing this outfit since my mid drift was exposed. And from time to time I caught Sesshomaru sneaking glances at my body in it, so I took a good guess he certainly didn't mind the lack of coverage either.

My baby boy kept his eyes closed at first as he fed like he was trying to go back to sleep.

"Do you want to choose the name for your son?" I asked, finally coming back to the subject once Ume settled down in his arms. She had gotten fussy after the exchange of arms until Sesshomaru gave her his finger to hold onto. She quickly took it and pulled to her mouth to suck on, signalling she was next in line to be fed.

(I don't know if this is true, can't recall if such a detail ever came up in Inuyasha, but this is what I'm going with)

He thought about it for a moment while he watched his boy at my breast.

"Alucard. That was my grandfather's name." He said as he watched my reaction to see if I was in agreement.

As if he knew we were talking about him the baby finally opened his eyes and looked up at the two of us.

"I think he likes it, too." I whispered, trying not to be too loud and disturb Alucard. After just a day I already knew he was a touchy eater.

Now Alucard, he was something special and it wasn't because he was the only boy. Even though they were triplets with the same patch of silver hair and tiny crescent moons on their foreheads, not one had the same pair of eyes. Ume's were violet like a sweet plum. Alucard's irises were split in color, each one half gold half violet. It was such a stunning combination that they were hard to look away from. And the last of the three-

"Yuki" I said, looking over at the bundle still curled up on the blanket.

"Is something wrong? Do you need her?" Sesshomaru was quick to worry.

-Yuki's eyes are gold like his

"No, I don't mean that Yuki..." Sesshomaru looked perplexed at 'that Yuki'. I rested my free hand on top of her fur blanket, bringing his attention down to her, "...I want to name her Yuki, if that's alright with you." I looked back at him and he nodded his head in agreement.

Then his softened eyes widened just the slightest and my gaze followed his  down to his arms. It took everything I had not to burst out laughing, so I giggled lightly to myself. Ume had forgotten his finger and was attempting to go through his top to get to something else to suck on.

"I think it's time to trade" I giggled.

Sorry this one's so short! I really wanted to get this one out tonight but didn't see it happening if I continued on. Hope it satisfies!

Also, OMG, so hard to concentrate today at work cause I had idea after idea after idea pop into my head for the Miroku story I plan to write and that's all I could think about. Hope you all tune in to it once I start it!!

Love to you all!