Chapter 36

Not wasting anymore time I changed back into the beast and carefully laid on the ground so they could climb onto my back. They quickly got on and once they were settled I finally took off in what direction I thought I sensed Sesshomaru to have traveled.  

I had been walking for hours now and it wasn't until these thirty minutes or so that I could sense something demonic following from the distance. And of course I had an inkling of a worry as to who it was as it slowly but surely gained some ground. 

When it felt too close for comfort I had tried to go a bit faster, but still being too large for that the best I managed was more of a slow jogging pace. 

Suddenly there was a pain that felt like it was tearing across my stomach surging through me. My howl in pain turned into screams as I lost control of my beast form and fell to the forest floor on my knees. 

Rin and Jaken were now falling from the height I had unfortunately left them in. Rin screamed in shock and clenched her eyes shut bracing for impact, but Jaken quickly pushed his staff off the tree behind him and leapt toward Rin, scooped her up and landed on the ground with ease. 

Another scream of pain cut through the air and Jaken quickly forgot about Rin and dropped her on her butt as he scurried to me to figure out what was wrong. In the blink of an eye he ran circles around me trying to find some wound for the cause of my pains and checked my hands and feet thinking maybe I had gotten a thorn in my paw when in my dog form.

"Ja-KEN!!!" I started trying to call his name to stop him, but it ended in a scream as I felt the pain again.

That scared him in his spot and he stopped just watching me with wide eyes and his face visibly paling. "What's wrong?! Where are you hurt?!" He repeated frantically when I didn't answer him immediately. I was trying to focus on my breathing to keep calm.

"I think-" I started again with a pant, then I clenched my teeth trying to suppress the next scream. It came out sounding like a growl. Once it passed I noticed that the bottom of my dress felt wet and clinging to my leg. I looked down to confirm what I was wondering, but honestly I had barely been able to see anything that was beyond my belly for a while now. Jaken's gaze followed mine and his gasp was enough to confirm what I had thought.

"No, no, no, no, no!!" I cried, "This is not the time! Not here, not now!"

"Yes, yes, yes,  yes! This is even better. I hadn't imagined I'd get the pleasure of getting to try fresh membranes as well." 

A chill of fear ran down my spine and if I didn't already I found myself hating these stupid incarnations even more. He was still using Sesshomaru's voice and during a moment like this.

Jaken had instantly taken a defensive stance in front of me with his staff at the ready to attack. "You better leave here if you know what's good for you!!" Jaken yelled at him, then one of the heads opened and released a stream of fire at the 'Sesshomaru'.

"L-lord Sesshomaru?" Rin whimpered beside me. That's right, we hadn't fully explained the situation to her. We didn't want her to be scared knowing that a demon like that had made it through the castle undetected and gotten so close to me. That could give any little girl nightmares...although this...this could certainly do it too unfortunately.

"Rin-" I mustered up enough strength to move through the pain and backed up a few paces while pulling her behind me to shield her, "-That's not Sesshomaru. They're just using his form to fool US!!" I explained ending with a growl again. I fell forward a bit from the pain and Rin quickly grabbed my arm and helped me straighten back up as best as she could possibly manage considering the difference in our sizes and strength.