Chapter 14

With the last ounce of strength left in me I managed to flip myself onto my back with a grunt.

"Is everyone alright?" I coughed, barely catching the blurry forms of Shippo and Kagome staggering in front of me.

Their heads bobbled in a fury of blurred colors and then...and then...damn this body...I was out.

When I finally awakened for the second time that day, Kagome and Shippo's faces finally seemed to unblur, accompanied by a few more waiting in tow.

"What's going on?" I grumbled, sitting up with a roll to the side.

Leaning back on the palms of my hands I felt another wave of dizziness like before I passed out wave over me.

"Whoa whoa whoa." I moaned, grabbing onto my head with one hand and leaning all my weight onto the other.

"Are you ok?" Kagome asked, reaching out to help steady me.

"Yeah yeah yeah." I mumbled in the same way as the 'whoa whoa whoa' and tried to wave her hand off.

I suddenly felt extremely exposed and naked being in front of them without my disguise.

Oh god, what are they going to do now that they know the truth?

"Corrine? Is that really you?" Sango asked stepping forward from the rest, the shock quite evident in her voice.

Why do I have the feeling that she was the one to pull the short straw on this?

The rest seemed to just stand back glancing between her and I to figure out how to react.

Except for the monk that is; his eyes were practically exploding from their sockets. Looking down I remembered that not only were my breasts definitely bigger than they were the last time I'd seen them but a lot more prominent with this corset; and my stomach was partially exposed now thanks to that Naraku.

Feeling too self-conscious for my liking, I sat up more and used my arms to cross over my chest with my hands clasped on my shoulders to cover myself.

"Yes." I growled, making Miroku sweat drop a little as I stared at him crossly.

"Told you!" Shippo yelled childishly, sticking his tongue out at the others. Which only received him a good thump in the head from Inuyasha.

"But you're a-"

"Dog demon." Inuyasha cut off Sango. He took a step forward, standing in front of everyone protectively and brought his fist in the air with a crack of the knuckles.

Psh...is that supposed to intimidate me?

"So I've found out." I said sarcastically with a roll of the eyes.

"But you said that you were human!" Kagome burst out shocked.

"And you're surprised I lied?! In a world where everyone tries to kill each other at the drop of a hat without a care? I thought you were all determined to deem me demon, anyway, so you should be happy." I replied, trying not to let the hurt look on Kagome's face bother me.

You're a human and I don't know you...why should I care? I was just hiding to protect myself.

But still, I couldn't help but feel a small pang of guilt. She did defend me from Inuyasha before, which was also quite hilarious.

"But that was only because YOU actually came through the well...no one can do that!"

"Sesshomaru can do that." I stated simply like it was nothing.