Chapter 24

Over the next few days, Draco and I have been getting closer again. He is distant sometimes but it's turning more into awkwardness.  We haven't kissed again, but there was one time I thought we were. One night, I received a letter from Devin.

Luna,

My family and I just got back from our family trip. We went to the amusement park and had a blast. The snow has been so pretty lately. I've been thinking about heading to our usual hang out and drawing. How's it going over there? 

Devin

Flashbacks of Devin and I messing around in the snow in my backyard played in my mind. Tears welled up in my eyes as memories flashed in my mind. The feeling on homesickness filled my chest and weighed down my stomach. I shot up and ran to Draco's room. He was laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling.

"Draco," I sobbed.

 His head shot up. "Luna, whats wrong?" He got up and walked over to me.

"I miss it. I wanna go home." I started sobbing. 

He shut the door and led me over to the bed. "You wanna go home to your father?" He sat down and pulled me into his lap.

"No. To America. I wanna go back to America." 

He held me tightly. "Why?"

"I miss it. Devin sent me a letter and it just triggered something in me. I thought of all the memories. I wanna be able to do some of the things I could do in America. I miss being able to listen to music in the car with my cousin, blasting it with the windows down. I miss going to concerts and Devin being able to ride their bike over to my house. I miss my pets. I miss being able to walk to the park. I miss it so much!" I wept into his chest. 

Draco held me as tight as possible. He rubbed my back soothingly, letting me cry into him. He picked me up and scooted us back so we were laying down. I curled up into him. One leg raised over his and arm tightly wrapped around his stomach.

"I know, bunny. I know. Hey, I just found you a new nickname." 

I giggled and moved even closer. He placed a hand on my leg than another wrapped around my back. I sniffled and hiccuped.

"I know it hurts, baby. In a few more months, you can head back there and spend time with your family and friends." Draco placed his lips on the crown of my head. I nuzzled my head into his chest.

"Sorry for crying on you."

"Its fine. Do you want to sleep in here tonight?" He sweetly asked. I nodded. Draco pulled the covers over us. I looked up at him. The last few tears rolled down my cheeks. His thumb reached up and wiped them away, dragging down my cheek. It hesitated next to my lips as his eyes flickered down. My heart picked up. 

"Make the first move," the voice in my head encouraged. I tilted my head up more, leaning closer. Draco started moving in. We both stopped inches away. The longer we stayed away, the longer my confidence dissipated. It was short lived. I cleared my throat, scooting back down to my previous position. 

"Night, Dray," I whispered.

"Night, bunny."

Lucius's POV

Narcissa walked into my study, squealing.

"Oh my god. I just saw the cutest thing ever." 

I looked up and smiled. "Does it have to deal with our son and goddaughter?" 

She nodded, her lips holding back a smile. 

"Come look and grab the camera." I raised an eyebrow but followed her out, grabbing the camera along the way. We walked toward Draco's room. Luna's door was open and a piece of paper laid on the floor.

"Wait," I called to my wife. She stopped and turned back around. I walked into Luna's room and picked up the paper. 

"She must have gotten upset over something this Devin said," I wondered out loud. Narcissa walked into the room.

"Hurry before they move!" 

I placed down the letter, turning off the lights. We walked the rest of the way to Draco's room. Narcissa walked in and pointed at the bed. Luna was laying curled into Draco. He held her tightly, both of them asleep. I smiled and lifted the camera up. The click of the picture caused Draco to stir. He rolled over so he was practically laying on top of Luna. He sighed, nuzzling his nose into her neck. I saw Narcissa silently awe. I took another picture. We walked out of the room and shut the door.

"Did you see her cheeks? I think she was crying." 

I frowned. "I wonder if it was the letter." 

Narci grabbed my hands.

"How about you talk to her in the morning?" 

I nodded and pulled her closer to me. She let go of my hands and wrapped her arms around my neck. I placed my hands on her hips, softly drawing circles with my thumbs. 

I hummed. "I love you," I said, leaning down and kissing her. 

She smiled into the kiss. "I love you too."