Chapter 18

I walked to Lockheart's class, hoping Draco would be there. And my wishes came true. Draco stood leaning against the wall, waiting for someone to come unlock the door. We were the only ones in the hall.

"Draco? Are you okay?"

He looked up at me, a slight blush covered his cheeks, 

"Why did you do that?" He asked, softly. 

"Do what? Ask your mom to send you a howler? I didn't know she would say any of the things she said. I thought it would be funny."

I walked up and stood next to him. He stared at the floor. 

"Hey. I'm sorry if that embarrassed you too much. I truly am sorry. But, hey, no need for payback, I got embarrassed too."

I placed a hand on his arm. He looked at my hand before standing up straighter. 

"Its fine. I'm just thinking about the letter I am supposed to be receiving from my father. Its probably more just explaining how if I don't catch the snitch and Slytherin loses, I'm a disapoint-"

"Hey, you will not be a disappointment. Its just one game. Like i said last night, it only matters if you had fun. And if you really want to win, thinking about what your father is saying wont help."

Draco nodded. Footsteps echoed down the hall. My father turned the corner.

"12 centimeters apart," He said, walking up to us.

"Oh sorry. This better."

I moved closer. I raised an eyebrow. Sev shook his head.

"Still not enough? Okay."

I moved an arm around Draco's shoulders. Draco laughed while Sev sighed.

"STILL?"

I wrapped my other arm around him so we were hugging. Sev opened his mouth. I leaned up and kissed Draco's cheek. 

"Is this better, Sev?" Draco asked.

I pulled back."Hey, no one call him Sev but me."

Draco turned to look at me, forgetting how close I was.  Blush rose to my cheeks.

"Um..." 

"HEY! THATS CLOSE ENOUGH!" My father shouted, pulling me back. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Pansy walking back.

"Shit, Pansy," Draco said. 

"MISS. PARKINSON, A word please?"

Pansy made her way back toward us as I moved to stand normally next to Draco. She glared at me before looking at my father.

"Yes, professor?" She sweetly asked. 

"How much of that did you hear or see?" 

"All I saw was you guys standing here. I didnt hear anything. Was there something I shouldn't have heard?" 

"Nope. now off to class." Sev twirled gracefully before walking away. Pansy shot me a dirty look before walking away. I waited till she was far enough away before speaking.

"She's lying," I blurted.

I looked at Draco. He was staring at me with an expression I couldn't place my finger on.

"Draco? You there? Draco? DRACO!"

He snapped out of his trance.

"Huh?"

I shook my head. "Pansy heard or saw something. She's lying."

"Oh yeah."

"Are you okay?" I asked.