Chapter 14

Luna's POV

The rest of the night went smoothly. Draco and I stayed in my room talking. The next morning at breakfast, we received our schedules. Pansy and her friends glared at me the entire lunch. I simply ignored them. Draco and I talked about the quidditch trails. We stopped when an owl flew into the room. It dropped a letter in front of Ron. He looked at it nervously.

"Look, Ron's got himself a howler."

"RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED WITH YOU. YOUR FATHER IS FACING A INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS COMPLETELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU STEP ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, WE SENDING YOU STRAIGHT HOME. Also Ginny, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are proud."

The envelope stuck it's tongue out at Ron. Everyone was laughing. I stared at him shocked.

"What the hell?" I mumbled, standing up.

"Ron you stole a car?" I shouted to the Gryffindor table. The room went silent. Ron nodded at me.

"Badass!" I smiled at him before sitting down.

"What the bloody hell was that?" I heard him mumble to the other two. Draco and I finished eating in silence.

We walked to our first class. Defense Against the Dark Arts with the new professor Lockheart. As we entered, I noticed a few paintings hanging on the walls...paintings of Lockheart. By a few, I mean the walls were covered.

"Self-centered much." I mumbled under my breath, flinging my bag on to the wooden desk. Draco chuckled sliding into the seat next to me. I rested my head on his shoulder. He in return placed his head on top of mine. The golden trio walked in. They looked at us confused.

"Are you two a couple or something?" Granger snottily asked.

Draco and I sat up as fast as we could, blushing as we looked away.

"No." We mumbled.

Everyone else pilled in. We waited while talking to one another. Draco and I stayed silent for the rest of the time. Only sparing a few side glances. Each time we would catch each other eyes and turn away. The class went silent as Lockheart appeared from his office.

"Allow me to introduce your new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Me." He smiled causing girls to swoon.

I stared with an eyebrow raise. I glanced at Draco then back at Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Lockheart droned on and on. I gulped and scooted closer to Draco without intention. Draco looked at me nervously. Lockheart revealed the monster.

"Cornish pixies?" A Gryffindor spoke amused.

I relaxed a bit. Draco's hand slipped into my mine underneath the table. I clasped his hand in mine. His fingers tightened around mine. A small smile made its way upon my face. Lockheart opened the cage and the pixies flew out. Everyone started screaming. Draco shot out of his seat and ran for the door. I stayed calm and seated. A pixie floated in front of me, staring at me curiously. I stared back at it. It flew away. Hermione casted a spell to immobilize the pixies. Everyone was breathing heavy. The only ones left in the classroom was: the golden trio, Longbottom and I. Granger stared at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, rolling my eyes to look at her.

"Why didn't you run out with Malfoy and his goons? Aren't you apart of his little following?"

I laughed. "They're only pixies. I stayed calm and they left me alone. Also, I'm not a follower of Draco's like the two idiots. I'm his friend and I dont need to do everything he does or tells me to do. I dont think he even noticed I didn't run." I grabbed my bag and walked out.