Chapter 20

The four of us talked until Lucius had to go. Draco and I headed back to the dorm to hang out before dinner. He smiled the whole way there. It was unusual to see him smiling in the hallways. I kept looking up at my happy friend, smiling his gorgeous smile. Wait...what? Did I just-just call his smile gorgeous.

"You don't just find his smile attractive. You find him attractive," A voice in my head spoke. 

Who said that?

"I'm your conscience." 

Okay, why are you just showing up now?

"Because you need help. You are in denial." 

What am I in denial of?

"You like Draco...more than a friend." 

Really?

"Yep. Think about last night. You wanted him to kiss you, didn't you?" 

Uh no.

"Don't lie to me. I'm you, so I can tell you're lying. You want to kiss him." 

Okay, maybe. But he's my best friend. I don't want to ruin that. Plus, he doesn't like me like that.

"Will see."

"Luna?" Draco's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

My eyes shot to his. "Yeah?"

"You have been staring at the wall."

"Oh, sorry." I smiled at my friend. 

"Well now that we are in our room. I need to tell you something."  He grabbed my hands.

"So, my dad wanted to clear up somethings. Remember what you said before school started when we were looking at photos?" I nodded. "Well you were correct. His father was worse at showing emotions than he is. He made it seem like men shouldn't show emotions." He pulled me closer and rested his hands on my hips. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"My father said he loves me and that he is proud of me." Draco smiled widely after his statement. 

I smiled back at him. He grabbed me in a hug and lifted me off the ground.

"He's proud of me!" Draco shouted, spinning me around. 

I laughed and tighten my grip on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He stopped spinning and smiled at me.

"He's proud of me," Draco repeated. 

I smiled, placing a hand on his cheek. He leaned into my touch. 

I caressed his cheek. "He's proud of you." 

We smiled at each other.

"Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him," My conscience chanted. 

No. 

Draco turned to face the bed. "Ready?" He asked. 

I raised an eyebrow. "Ready for wh-ahh!" 

Draco flung me onto the bed. I landed with a bounce. The bed creaked under my weight. Draco smiled innocently at me. 

"Why the fuck did you do that?"

"Do what? I don't know what you are talking about. Oh look, we better head to dinner." Draco bolted out of the room.

"GET BACK HERE YOU NINCOMPOOP," I yelled, jumping out of the bed and running after him. 

When we got to the common room, I caught up to him and jumped onto his back. Everyone stared.

"Go! I'm starving!"

 We ate dinner in silence before racing back to the dorm. I stopped in front of the bed, trying to catch my breath. Draco came running in, closing the door behind him, before tackling me onto the bed.

 We sat in silence, laughing and trying to catch our breath. I crawled off the bed, heading into the bathroom to quickly get changed. Draco was already dressed when I walked back into the room. We got into bed and laid there for a bit. I sat up quickly and sneezed.

"I would say god bless you but it looks like he already did." 

I face-palmed, laying back down. "Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes," I replied. 

Draco smirked. This started a war.

"I value my breath so it would be nice if you didn't take it away every time you walked past."

"Your father must have been a boxer, you're a knockout."

"If I would look in the Mirror of Erised, I'd see the two of us together."

"Do you play Quidditch? Cause I heard you're a keeper."

"You know when I said Accio Beautiful, I didn't think it would work."

"Going to bed? Mind if I Slyther-in?"

"I just want to C_ddle but I cant cause I'm missing u."

"Are you using the confundus charm or are you just naturally mind blowing?"

"I'm not feeling myself today, can i feel you?" 

I stared blankly at him. "Okay, time for bed."

Draco chuckled and pulled me closer. I rested my head on his chest and a hand on his stomach.

"Night beautiful," Draco kissed my head.

"Night handsome," I snuggled closer to him, closing my eyes.

The next morning, Draco continued with the pick up lines. He finally stopped when he made a mistake of saying one in front of my father.

"We're like cocoa and marshmallows... you're hot and I want to be on top of you." 

I let out a loud laugh. A throat cleared.

"That will most definitely not be happening," My father's voice rang.