Chapter 1

Luna's POV

I woke up and smiled.  My birthday finally arrived! I turned 12 at one in the morning. I stayed laying on the couch for a while, thinking about the day and every possible thing that could happen, but wont. A pillow lands roughly on my face. I let out a sigh at my friend's antics, removing the pillow and tossing it back at him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Devin shouts, dodging the pillow.  I groan and roll over, nuzzling my face into my pillow. 

"Come on! Your family will be here in an hour and I want to swim before the kids get here!" He whined, shaking my shoulder.

"But I wanna sleep. Its my birthday! Let me sleep." I dragged out the 'e' in sleep like a child.

"No! Lets swim. That should wake you up."

"I'll only get up if my cousin Sev will be here. Which won't happen, cause he's in the UK."

"You never know, Darian." 

I snorted unladylike. But who cares, I'm never lady like.

"Saying he will be here is like saying Ronnie Radke or Motionless in White will show up." I rolled over and looked at my only friend seriously.

"Please Darian. Once the kids get here, we won't be able to swim just us two and we will be forced to play with them." 

I sighed, looking at the ceiling . Tears threatened to show as I thought about my cousin Severus. He hasn't come to visit since I was 7. I miss him dearly.  The small cloak he got me when I was 5, that got too small,  hangs up on the corner of my mirror. I threw back my blanket and sat up. Devin grabbed his swim trunks and muscle tank before going into the bathroom. I stretched, looking at one of my dogs.

"Max, why hasn't he come to visit? Did he forget about me? He hasn't even written or nothing!"  I leaned down and hugged the small furry animal. He squirmed underneath my face, trying to lick me. Laughing, I sat back up. My mom walked into the house from outside.

"Oh good your awake. If you want to swim before anyone gets here, get going. Make sure anything you don't want the kids messing with is hidden or put up." She said stirring something on the stove.

"What are we having?" I asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Beer brats and burgers."

 I nodded and walked back into the living room as Devin came out of the bathroom.

"Leggo Darian!" 

I smiled slightly before walking into the bathroom with my clothes. I quickly changed before walking outside. Devin was already in the pool, adjusting to the cold water.

"The water feels amazing. Its not cold at all!" Devin shouted to me. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. We just filled it up two days ago." 

I set down my towel before throwing my black hair up into a bun.  I have always wondered how I had been born with black hair. Whenever I asked my mom said she had deep brown almost black hair, like my dad's. I wouldn't know if she is telling the truth or not cause she dyes it blondish brown and has been since she was young. My older brother has light brown hair which raises my suspicions even more. I started up the pool ladder, watching my slight reflection in the water.

I have always felt like an outsider in my family. The only person I don't feel like an outsider with is my cousin Sev. I was splashed out of my thoughts, literally.  I gasped at the cold water.

"Hey!" I splashed water back.

"You bitch!"

"I'm not a bitch. I'm a witch." I smirked at him as he glared.