Chapter 7

Luna's POV

I got out of the hospital wing a few days later. The bruising went down but I was still a little sore. Draco visited me everyday while I was in there. Snape would from time to time, but he had classes to teach.  Crabbe and Goyle would come with Draco every so often, but they didn't talk, just stared at the two of us. Draco even helped me out with sending letters to Devin.

Days went by faster and faster, soon it was Christmas. Snape had to stay at school over the holidays, so I stayed too. Draco had invited me over to his house but I declined politely. I wanted to spend time with my father. We went on walks, he had set up mini tree in his room that we decorated, he told me stories of his childhood and I did the same.  The only time I spent alone was when Quirrell and him went on a quick walk to have a teacher chat.

Soon, everyone returned from break and classes started back up again. I was packing up my homework I had just finished when Draco busted into our room.

"Potter and his little friends are leaving the castle. Lets follow them."

"Dray, i'm tired."

He started pouting.

"No, not the pout. No...no...no." I turned away.

Draco spun me around to face him. "Pwease Luna, I wanna go on an adventure with my best friend."

I looked up into his grey eyes. Rookie mistake. His bright eyes bored into mine. His lips into a pout. He looked so innocent.

"Fine."

Draco smiled. "Yay."

His hand slipped from my forearm to my hand. Our fingers interlocked as we ran out of the castle. As we reached the doors, I noticed it was dark out. Luckily, Draco had brought a lantern to light.

"Do you even know where they went?" I asked, wrapping my robe around me tighter.  It was starting to get colder out.  Draco pulled me lightly up next to him.

"Hagrid's maybe? They seem to always be down there." Draco said.

We walked in silence. My fingers started to fall asleep. I squeezed them, forgetting I was holding Draco's hand.

"Are you fingers cold?" he asked.

"That and falling asleep."

Draco chuckled taking my hands in between his. We stopped walking. He rubbed his hands together against mine to wake them up. They slightly warmed up from the action. I watched with a small smile as he brought them up to his lips and breathed. His warm breath warmed up the skin. Blood rose to my cheeks as he smirked and blew again.

"Warm?" He softly asked, his hands still up to his lips.

I nodded, not trusting my words. Draco pulled our hands away from his lips. 

"We should continue before someone sees us." I whispered.

Draco nodded. We continued walking. Before we knew, we arrived at Hagrid's hut. Draco walked up to an opened window. We could see all of them sitting around the table. An egg was wobbling on the table. I walked up next to the younger boy. He wrapped an arm around me. Eventually, we were spotted. As they started getting up from the table, I grabbed Draco's hand and started running.

"We need to turn them into Mcgonagall!" Draco exclaimed as we reached the castle.

I stopped running. "Are you mad? If we turn them in, then she will know we were out of bed this late also! It would just be turning us in as well."

Draco shrugged before running towards Mcgonagall's office.

"Draco Malfoy!" I whisper-shouted. He kept going. "Sorry father."