Mine - Ron Weasley x Reader (Short Imagine)

House: Hufflepuff

Blood Status:  You Choose

-----

Head buried deep in your potions book, you sit alone in the library.  It's almost curfew and the oil lamps are starting to dim slowly.

"What's up, y/n?"

"Ron?" you call out as you see a tall, red-haired boy round the corner, his hands in his robe pockets.  "What are you doing up this late?"

"I should ask you the same question, y/n...  Potions I see?" he says, looking around at the piles of messy books and torn up parchment around you. 

"Yeah.  Professor Snape stuck me with an extra essay.  Two rolls of parchment on the Wolfsbane potion by tomorrow.  He just loves to punish me," you sigh.  "Oh well, I guess it'll have to be one and a half.  I don't fancy pulling an all-nighter right now.  I used up my energy for that last week for my History of Magic test," you admit, packing up your bags.

"Hah.  I usually have Hermione write the introduction for me.  It saves me loads of time and energy."

"Now, now, Ron. I'm not going to go exploit Hermione's brains just because I can," you say, shaking your head.  "And you never answered my question.  Why are you here?  I doubt that you were thinking 'Hey, I should go to the library fifteen minutes before curfew.'"

"Can I be honest with you, y/n?" Ron asks.  You nod.  "I came down here to see you.  You see...  I like you y/n and not just as a friend.  I want to be with you.  I want to go out on dates with you.  I apologise for being so forward... I just can't stand it any longer."

"Ron...," you say as he closes his eyes, expecting you to yell.  "Of course, I'll go out with you.  You should have said something earlier.  There's a Hogsmeade trip tomorrow. We should go together...  See you then?"

Bewildered, Ron nods.  

"Excellent!  Meet you in the Great Hall tomorrow morning at 7:00!  I'll be waiting so don't be late!" you say, grabbing your bag and giving him a light peck on his cheek.  As you leave the library, Ron stares at your back, wondering how the hell you said yes to him of all people.

-----

A/N: This chapter was 407 words long.  Sorry for the shortness.  I just wanted to write something a little cute involving Ron.  More chapters to come and requests are open!

- Soiea