Gryffindor House Party - Harry Potter x Reader

House: Gryffindor

Blood Status: You Choose

Warnings: 

-----

Weird Sisters music blares from the speakers in the Gryffindor common room.  Gryffindor had won the Quidditch cup after a long, heated battle with the other houses, especially Slytherin.  Talking a sip in the corner as you watch your housemates, dance mingle and drink.

"Y/n!  Why aren't you up having fun!  This song is the best!" Hermione says, running over to you and grabs your hands, hoisting you up to standing. 

"Come on, Hermione.  You know how I get at parties.  I get all nervous." you say.  "Come on, let me go..."

"No, y/n.  That's because you make no effort in trying to have any fun.  "Come on, the boys are about to start a game of Truth or Dare!"

"No, no, no!"  you run back to your armchair and plop yourself down.  "I hate those games!"

"Y/n!" It's Parvati Patil.

"Hey, Parvati."

"You have to join the game!"

Will all the pressure, and five more minutes of coaxing, Hermione and Parvati lure you out to the middle of the common room to play the game.  You join the group of Gryffindors in the circle.  Almost all the people in your year are there with the addition of Ginny, Fred, George, Lee Jordan, Nigel, and a few other people you didn't know.

"Let's start!" Ron exclaims, obviously influenced by two or three too many bottles of butterbeer.  "George!  Truth or dare!"

"Whattaya say, Freddie?  Should I pick dare?"  Fred nods.  "Dare it is then! What do you have in mind Ron?"

"I dare you.... to... do forty pushups in less than a minute."

This is why you hated this game.  It wasn't that exciting and it either involved physical exercise or sitting on a random person's lap for way too long.  Ron starts a timer and the Gryffindors climb over each other to watch as  George easily completes his forty pushups.  Everyone goes wild and starts to scream and shout at the top of their lungs.  George jumps up and down and rips off his shirt for good measure.  he flexes and shows off his muscles.  

"Well, looks like Ron isn't the only tipsy one here...," you whisper to yourself.

The game restarts.  George dares Nigel to continuously talk for three minutes straight without stopping.  Well.  That wasn't hard enough for Nigel... because he chose to talk about Harry.  In fact, he went over the time by five minutes until Lee Jordan rolled up the latest Daily Prophet and smacked Nigel over the head to shut him up.  Nigel's monologue about Harry's life started when Nigel explained how Harry had been wrongfully incarcerated in a prison disguised as a cupboard and then was heroically whisked away by Hagrid and promptly defeated a vicious mountain troll and come in contact with a ferocious tree headed dog and stated He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named straight in the face all by himself.  Ron and Hermione sat in the corner during this, obviously angry in the errors of Nigel's story.  Nigel then went on to talk about the start of the second year when he crashed the car into the tree with his best friend, the name of who, Nigel had forgotten because Harry was obviously the more important of the two.  That was the moment when Lee's paper came in contact with his head and Nigel shut his trap.

"Oww...," Nigel complains, rubbing his forehead.  Lee gleefully takes a second smack to Nigel's head and the game resumes.  Next, Nigel daresGinny, Ginny dares Seamus, Hermione tells the truth to Shameus, and so on, finally it comes to Dean daring Harry.

"What's the dare, Dean?" Harry asks eagerly.  Shameus sist back in his armchair and shares up to the ceiling, contemplating all his options.

"Kiss the most attractive person in this room passionately for five seconds.  And not just physically attractive, but personality wise as well.  Be truthful, Harry," Dean decided.

Harry nods.  All the people in the room go quiet and whispers fill the room.

"Who's Harry gonna kiss?" someone hisses.

"Me, idiot," a girl says.  "He likes me!"

"No, me!" another person spits.

Harry inhales deeply and stands up.  He's going to kiss Ginny Weasley.  He walks towards her.  The room falls dead silent.  Nobody moves.  Harry comes closer to Ginny.  Suddenly, he changes direction and before you know it, his lips crash into yours.  His hands wrap lovingly around you.  He pulls you into the kiss deeper.  Your breath hitches for s second and he pulls away.  You stare into his eyes.  Everyone is staring at you and Harry  

"Y/n?" he asks quietly.  "Say something?"

You get up quickly, still in shock and run out of the common room.  You run down the hall.  You lean against the wall and sink to the floor and stretch your legs out.

"Wait!  Y/n! What's wrong?  Did I do something wrong?  Did I go too far?" Harry shouts, running up to you.  You look up at him.  After a second of silence, you shake your head.

"No, no.  You were fine, Harry.  Actually, better than fine.  The kiss was great," you reply softly.  "I'm just confused."

"What's there to be confused about?"

"Why me, Harry?"

"What?"

You met his gaze.  It bores into you.  You can tell that his attention is fixed on you.

"Why me?  I thought you liked Ginny.  She's sweet and pretty.  She's amazing and she's totally falling for you.  Why me?" you inquire.

"Well, y/n," Harry says, kneeling beside you. "I've recently discovered something.  I discovered that I don't actually like Ginny."

"What?  Why?  What happened to Ginny this Ginny that?" you gasp.

"It was just a cover," Harry admits, shaking his head slowly.  "It was just a distraction.  I've realised that I've liked you all this time, not Ginny.  I thought you were out of my league from the start so I masked my feelings for you with fake ones for Ginny.  The truth is, I think I'm in love with you, y/n so I'm going to go out on a limb here. Will you be my girlfriend?"

There's a pause then you gently start to nod your head.  Harry's face breaks into a smile.

"Yes, Harry.  I will.  I've liked you, too, for a long time.  I always thought you were out of my league," you laugh.

"Really?"

"Really, Harry," you say, pulling him in for a kiss, by cupping his cheeks with your hands.  You and Harry didn't return to the common room until the party was long over.

-----

A/N: This chapter was 1,078 words long!  Thanks for reading!  I hope you enjoyed!