Moonlight - Harry Potter x Female Reader

House: You Choose

Blood Status:  You Choose

A/N: y/n = your house y/e/c = your eye color

-----

The slow song of a lone violin drifts from the Great Hall.  It was almost Christmas time and the Yule ball's attendance is slowly drifting away back to the common rooms, the Durmstrang Ship, or the Beauxbaton Carriage.  You're alone because your date sadly deserted you before the first dance, jumping ship to a pretty, blonde Beuxbaton girl, causing you to spend the whole night sipping a goblet with questionable contents all night long.  You woefully begin to climb the stairs back to the y/h common room, but you hear a voice from behind you.

"Y/n!" it calls out.  You turn around and find no one other than Harry Potter.

"Hi, Harry.   How was the ball?" you asks him, clearing your throat and walking towards him.

"It was okay.  I didn't have much fun.  Parvati and Padma left us for a couple of dateless Durmstrang boys," he confesses warily.  "Wanna take a walk?"

"Sure," you reply, calmly shrugging your shoulders  You and Harry then walked out into the night air of the Hogwarts courtyard.  The moon brightly shines and you watch as the light shines through the trees.  You close your eyes and take a listen.  The faint music still resonates from the Great Hall and the footsteps of tired students echo distantly behind you, soon fading into nothingness.  Harry notices your quietness and breaks the silence.

"Is something wrong, y/n?" Harry asks, concerned.

"No.  Everythings just fine.  I'm simply taking in the moment,"  you say, observing your surroundings. "The music's beautiful, Harry."

"It is, y/n," He replies.  "Would you like to dance?"

You nod and take his hand.  He rests your hands on his shoulders and his hands drift down to your waist and hold you firmly.  You two start to gently rotate around with the faint song of the violin.  You feel Harry pull you in tighter.  

"Harry?  What are you doing," you ask nervously.  

"I have a confession to make, y/n." 

"What is it, Harry?" you say, still dancing.  "I'm getting a bit worried.  I haven't ever heard you talk like this..."

"I can't hold it in any longer, y/n.  I think..." His mouth hangs open.  You rais your eyebrows in anticipation.  "I-I... think..."

"Yes, Harry?" you say, staring into his striking green ones with your y/e/c ones.

"I think I'm falling for you, y/n!" he blurts out.  Silence falls again.  You break your gaze with him.  "Y/n...  Please say something...  Ah..  I'm going out on a limb here!  I-I've been admiring you from afar for some time now.  You've always bees so nice and happy all the time.  You make everyone laugh and you brighten everyone's day.  You care for other people and don't ever judge them. You make people feel like it's okay to be who they really are.  You're just amazing, y/n, and so gorgeous.  Please...  say something."  

"I like you, too Harry," you reply finally.  His face lights up and he lifts you up by your waist, spinning you around.  He pulls you into a passionate kiss.  You cup his face with your palms and he draws his hands up your back pulling you in tight.  You break the kiss and you rest your foreheads against each other's.  You look back up at Harry, with a smile on your face, your eyes shining brighter than the stars.

-----

A/N: I apologise for the crappy ending.  This chapter was 579 words long!  Thanks for reading! Requests are open!  

- Soiea