The Duel Pt. 2 (Can't Decide)

House: Ravenclaw

Blood status:  Pureblood

Warnings: Swearing

-----

You stare at the two boys, their hands outstretched.  You lower your gaze and laugh softly.

"This is ridiculous, you two!" you say through your laugh.  "I can't choose between you too!"

"Y/n, we have been secretly fighting over you for months!" Harry gasps.

"I can't not be with you, y/n!  It'd ruin me!   Please, babe.  Come to me!" Draco pleads.

"Draco.  Harry.  I can't choose. You two are both my best friends in the world.  There's no way that I can deem one of you more suitable than the other.  I've known both of you for so long and I love being friends," you say.  Harry sulks and you can see Draco's confidence and hope crack and shrivel behind his eyes.  You walk forward and take both of their hands, pulling them into a group hug.  You pull away and look at the two boys.  "Afterall... it's it a bit cruel to make a friend choose?"

"I guess you're right, y/n.  Saying one or the other is pretty harsh..." Draco says, nodding.

"Yeah.  It's a lot to ask for you on the spot, especially," Harry adds on smiling.

"Soooo....  Are we cool you guys?" you ask hopefully.

"Yeah, y/n.  We're cool," Draco says.  Harry nods in agreement.

"MISTER POTTER!  MISS Y/L/N!  MISTER MALFOY!  WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" McGonagall shrieks suddenly.  You jump at her entrance.  "I was informed that there was a duel between students going on in this corridor."  She looks down at your hands, spotting all three of your drawn wands.   "I see I was not misinformed.  You tree very well know that magic is forbidden in the Hogwarts corridors.  There will be.... say.... thirty points taken from each of your houses for inappropriate magic uses.  I will also expect you three to come to my room for detention for an hour each day for the next week after your last period classes.  I will also inform your heads of houses of your behaviour, Mister Malfoy and Miss y/l/n.  I hope this teaches you all a well-needed revisitation of the level of conduct we have here at Hogwarts."

She then struts away, heading to fill out some paperwork about your troublemaking for Filch to file in his mater cabinets of trouble making reports.  You turn and look at Draco and then Harry.  They're both smiling at you. 

"Y'know...  Detention doesn't sound that bad...," you say.  "We got away with a lot."

"You didn't get away with anything.  It's Potter and me who got away with shit," Draco remarks, scoffing.  

~~~~~

Serving detention wasn't all that horrible.  It was mainly helping clean McGonagall's room and organizing her bookshelves.  It was nice because it was a chance to talk to Draco and Harry, who are actually beginning to get along with each other.  You were glad you didn't choose between Draco and Harry in the end.  People didn't get hurt this way, which was your goal in the first place.  They even became sort of friends.  Your decision worked well and that's what really matters to you.  You thought your decision was the best one, but you wouldn't have any way to see what would happen if you'd chosen differently, after all...

-----

A/N: This chapter was 527 words long!  Thanks for reading!  Requests open!

- Soiea