The Duel Pt. 2 (Harry Route) - Harry Potter x Female Reader

House: Ravenclaw

Blood Status: Pure Blood

Warnings:  None.

-----

You reach your hand out and take Harry's with it.  Harry smiles at you.

"I'm sorry, Draco," you say.  

"I-It's not a problem, y/n," Draco says shakily.  "I-I understand." 

Draco gives you a weak smile, trying to conceal his pain and sadness.  

"I'll see you around.  Friends?" he asks, pleadingly.

"Of course, Draco," you smile.  He nods in thanks and disappears into the crowd of people.

You turn back to Harry.  He smiles broadly at you and pulls you into a kind hug.

"Harry!" you hear Hermione shout.  "That was absolutely moronic."  

"Hermione...," Harry starts rolling his eyes at her.

"No!" Hermione gasps.  "You could have gotten hurt.  What if a teacher had been around to see the fight?!  You would have gotten detention for the rest of the year and it's only November!"

"That.  Was. BRILLIANT, Harry!" Ron says enthusiastically, nodding his head.  "Lighten up a bit, Hermione.  You're such a downer sometimes."

"It most certainly was not brilliant, Ronald!  Harry could have gotten seriously hurt!" Hermione restates.  "Stop praising his stupidity.  And I am not a downer.  I am simply one who prefers to act pragmatically.  It's only the right thing to do."

"English please, Hermione," Ron says.

"Listen, Hermione.  I appreciate your input.  It was bound to happen though, with all that tension between Malfoy and me.  But, please, Hermione.  Be quiet.  Can't you have my moment and enjoy?  It turned well, didn't it?" Harry says, tilting his head towards you.

"I guess so...." Hermione trails off.  "I'm happy for you two, by the way, Y/N.  You'll work well together."

"Thank, you Hermione," you say.  She gives you a kind smile.

"Yeah, congrats, mate," Ron says to Harry.  Harry smiles again and gives you a light peck on the cheek.

You two walk arm in arm down the corridor laughing and talking together, enjoying each other's company finally.  You round the corner into a courtyard space.  You spot Draco sitting alone on a bench, staring off into nothingness.  His cheeks and nose are blotchy and red.  His eyes are bloodshot.  There are white tissues scattered at his feet.  He's been crying.  Oh, Draco.  You hate seeing him like this.  He probably wouldn't like to see you now.  It'd probably make him feel worse.  You look over to Harry.

"You think he'll be okay?" you ask Harry.  "He looks so sad..."

"Yeah, y/n.  He will.  He'll be back to the normal Malfoy by tomorrow I predict. He has that apple remember?" Harry laughs.  You swat Harry on the shoulder lightly.

"Geez, Harry.  Enough with the apple jokes...."

-----

A/N:  This chapter was 441 words long.  Thanks for reading!  Requests are open!  Hope you enjoyed!  See you in the next chapter!

- Soiea