Chapter 22: Ariel Battle!

Tails hopped into the biplane. He checked if everyone was in it. He started it up and it slowly rises up into the air. Tails soared in the sky. The plane move swiftly and gracefully. In a matter of 5 minutes, they were halfway back to their destination.

Tails began speaking. "Hey, Sonic, so who is this Avion guy?" Tails asked, still concentrating on flying the plane. Sonic looked up. "Oh yeah. Avion is-" Everyone fell of their seats and the back of the plane was majorly dented.

"What the hell!?" Tails was surprise. "What was that?" Sonic got up and looked through the window. Well, the mysterious crash or something broke the glass, so it was just a hole in the plane. He stuck his head out and back into the plane. He looked scared.

"What's wrong Sonic?" Tails asked. "Avion! Shadow! They're coming in a plane!" Sonic exclaimed. Tails set the plane to auto-pilot and went to check it for his self. He saw a plane similar in size and speed as his, but it was stronger and more durable.

"What do we do?" asked Tails. Everyone was talking all at once. It was confusing. "Guys. Guys! GUYS!" Sonic yelled out. After the third time, everyone stopped talking and looked at Sonic. The other plane crashed into their plane once more. A radar in the front started beeping. That meany the plane couldn't take much more and more crashes could cause it to crash. Tails was so focused on speed that he forgot about durability. 

"Uh oh! What do we do, Sonic?" he asked, scared. Sonic noticed a ladder against the wall. He looked above it and saw a hatch. Sonic ran to the ladder and began to climb. Everyone watched what he was doing. "What are doing?!" asked Amy once she realized what Sonic was really doing.

"Trust me" Sonic firmly said. He opened the hatch and climbed out, onto the top of the plane. They were going so fast he almost was forced back by the speeding winds. He walked over to the very end of the plane which was dented. He walked to the front of the plane, and with all he had left, he ran to the end of the plane and jumped onto the other plane. Everyone saw what he was doing. They either thought he was crazy or foolish for doing what he was doing. He looked for a hatch, and he found one. He knew it! The enemy plane was similar in design of Tails' plane.

He began walking towards the hatch. The plane he was on crashed into Tails's plane once again. Sonic tumbled backwards. But he still continued. When he opened the hatch, he was punched in the face by a familiar fist. Sonic stumbled backwards, resting his hand on his aching face. Once he placed his hand to his side, he looked up at the person who punched him.

It was Shadow.

Sonic looked disgusted. Everything was silent for a second. But Shadow began charging and Sonic. Sonic dodged. "Shadow! Join us and we can defeat Avion together!" Sonic said. Shadow nodded. "No way! I'm not helping you ruin my brother's plans to take over the world!" Shadow denied Sonic's offer. That one sentence made everything more of sense to Tails and the others. But one question was still roaming: Who was Avion?

Sonic frowned. Shadow charged Sonic and tackled him onto the roof of the plane. He punched him numerous times. Sonic pushed Shadow off of him and ran to the back of the plane. Once Shadow got up, Sonic charged at Shadow full force. Shadow let out a huge scream of pain. Sonic kicked Shadow, anger raging through him. How could a friend do this? 

Sonic continued what he was doing, but he felt something grab his leg. Shadow flipped Sonic and got up. Sonic got up the same time as Sonic. They both charged out at each other and tried ramming each other. But Shadow was too strong. He pushed Sonic to the edge of the plane. Sonic looked behind himself and noticed that one more step back equaled death.

Shadow grinned and began to go punch and kick Sonic. Sonic tried his best to dodge. He jumped and leaped, did anything necessary to survive. But soon, Shadow had enough. He grabbed Sonic and just threw him off. Everyone was so....sad. Shadow smiled. "That should take care of the brat. He began to walk to the opened hatch. Just then, Shadow was rammed into the inside of the plane. He was in too much pain to fight anymore. He looked up and saw Sonic, covered in blood and bruises. He was so surprised to see Sonic alive!

Sonic noticed Eggman flying the plane. Avion was staring at Sonic. "My, my, I sure am surprised you have the courage to fight me again. I need to save my magical energy, though. Now about hand-to-hand combat?" Avion asked. Sonic just breathed heavily. Avion smiled. "I'll take that as a yes" Avion said, rushing towards Sonic. Sonic dodged. Avion high-jump-kicked Sonic and he fell to the floor. 

Sonic lay on the ground. Avion frowned. "Is that all you have?" he picked up Sonic. "Pathetic" he threw Sonic out the big window on the front and into Tails' plane. 

"Finish them" Avion said. Eggman nodded and crashed into Tails' plane once more. This time the plane began crashing towards their home. But everyone survived thanks to the handy parachutes. They slowly descended to the ground.