Chapter 6: Sonic is Missing

Tails sat in his bed, staring at the ceiling. Sonic hadn't been home since he went to the park last night. Tails turned to his side and looked at a picture of him and Sonic having fun. Tails knew something was wrong, but he wasn't sure. He just went to sleep hoping Sonic would turn up tomorrow.

But the next morning was no different. Tails looked out the window and suddenly thought of the worst. 

"What if......" Tails didn't want to hear his harsh words. Even Shadow wouldn't want to hear these words. Or would he? No one knows with Shadow. 'What if..... he's........dead?' Tails thought. 

Tails began to cry. "No! He couldn't!" Tails looked up. "I have to find him!" Tails grabbed his phone from his drawer and went to his contacts. He called everyone and told them the bad news. They all immediately ran to Sonic's house. 

There was a sudden knock on the door. Tails opened it. Everyone rushed inside his house and took a seat. Tails took a seat in a chair. Everyone had scared looks on their faces. So many questions were traveling in their heads. Was Sonic really gone? Where is he? Everyone was quiet.

Cream was the first one to speak. " Is Mr. Sonic really gone?" Cream asked, holding Cheese in her arms.

Tails sighed. "It seems like it. He hasn't been home in a while now" Tails answered. 

Cream began to cry. Rouge tried comforting her. "Well what are we gonna do?" asked Rouge.

Tails thought. "I dunno, any ideas?" Tails asked, looking around the room for any answers.

Knuckles finally spoke. "Why don't we call the cops?" Knuckled asked. Everyone liked the idea, but it didn't work.

"No" Tails said. "We should at least look for him first before turning to the cops" Tails explained. That seemed logical. Everyone agreed to the idea.

"But how are we gonna look for him?" Silver asked.

Tails looked confused. "What do you mean?" 

"I mean how are we gonna look for him? Walk around yelling out 'Sonic!' or put flyers up or something like that" Silver replied.

Tails thought about it. "Maybe....We should.........I really don't know" Tails said.

"We could go around town looking for him and putting flyers up" Blaze said. "Like Silver said"

"Okay, I'll go to the copy store and take copies of the flyers I'm gonna make. We'll then go around town tomorrow putting these up". Everyone thought it was a good plan. Everyone got up and left.

Tails got on his computer and began working. He looked through his massive collection of documents until he found a great picture of Sonic. He copy and pasted it onto Microsoft Word and began typing. There was one problem though.

He called everyone. "What is is?" asked Shadow.

"One problem we need to settle. How much is the reward?" Tails asked. Everyone was quiet.

Rouge spoke first. "Maybe it should be a million" 

"Yeah. That sounds right. Another problem. Where do we get the money from?" Tails asked.

"Don't worry, I got it under control" Rouge said. Everyone hung up.

Tails put the phone down and continued working. When he was finished, he printed it out. He got up and took his wallet. He headed over the the copy store. When he walked in, a little bell rung. He walked up to the old hedgehog at the counter.

"What can I do for you today?" she asked.

Tails handed over the paper. "May you please make 300 copies of this?" 

The lady looked at it. "Okay". She plopped it in the copier and set t to 300. 

She walked back to the front counter. "So, you're missing a friend, huh?" 

Tails nodded. "It's a real predicament, he's been gone longer than he should".

"Who is it?"

"sonic the Hedgehog"

"The lady was shocked. "THE Sonic the Hedgehog?!" Tails nodded. "He's super fast! You think Eggman got him?"

Tails began to cry. "I...I...don't.....know".  

The lady felt horrible. "I'm sorry. Oh! copies are done!" She rushed towards the copier and picked up the big stack. 

"Here you go" she said, handing the stack over. Without saying anything, He gave her $50 and left. He rushed home and found his friends in his house. 

"How did you-" 

"Key under the mat" Kunckles said, playing around with the key. 

Tails murmured something to himself. "I have the copies. Let's go".