Chapter 7: The Ugly Truth

Amy slowly woke up. Sonic noticed her awake. He began walking towards her. Amy noticed he was coming.

"AH! Leave me alone! Please don't hurt me!" she exclaimed, using her arms to defend herself.

Sonic understood why she was so scared. "Calm down! I'm not gonna hurt you!" he told her reassuringly. 

She nodded. "Okay. Good" She got up and took a seat on the bed. Sonic sat next to her. His body movement asked 'is it okay if I sit here?' Amy nodded. There was a long period of silence.

Sonic finally spoke. "Look, I'm really sorry for hurting you. I didn't mean to and I didn't want to. The first time was for defense. But the second time, trapped in here...I didn't mean to. I'm very sorry" Sonic apologized. 

"It's okay. I've felt pain before, but never physical pain. So, I guess you helped me realize how bad it is to fight" Amy explained, rubbing her arm.

"That's a relief" Sonic said. "One other thing" he added.

Amy looked up. "Yes?"

"How come when you were kidnapping me you were so strong but when we were fighting here you were less......strong?" Sonic asked.

Amy now realized how weird it was. "I guess....it was because of the cause"

Sonic looked down at her black clothing. She was still wearing them from the kidnapping. Everything that was just said and the black clothing raised a very, VERY important question. "About that" Sonic said. "Why did you kidnap me? Why did you help Eggman?"

Amy looked down at the ground. She suddenly felt sadness and then anger. But sadness took over. She felt ashamed for doing what she did. She began to cry. Sonic noticed she was crying. "Look, you don't have to tell me if you don't want"

"No" she said, trying to wipe the tears from her eyes. But they kept on coming and coming. "I'll tell you" she started. "It was a long time ago. Actually, it happened when I was only 9. I came home from school one day to find my parents gone. I called the police, but they couldn't find any trace of them. I looked and looked. So did all my family members. Nothing" Amy cried more and more. Sonic put an arm around her. "Then one day.....I got.....a note. It was from....." she cried harder. "Egg...man" Sonic's eyes widened. Eggman?! No way!? "It said that if I don't pay him $10,000 each month....he would.....he would" Amy cried so loud, you could hear it from a mile away. "Hurt, and eventually......kill them" She cried and cried.

"So you pay him every month?" Sonic asked.

Amy nodded. 

Sonic understood everything now. "So you had to kidnap me because you didn'r pay and you didn't want them to die?" Amy nodded. She cried more. She threw her head against Sonic's furry chest. 

Sonic petted her. "Don't worry. We'll save them and finish Eggman off for good!" Sonic said, throwing  a fist up in the air. Amy got up. Her clothes were all wet. But she didn't care. She weakly smiled and got up. She slowly walked to the bars and placed a hand on the jail door. Sonic walked up there, too and placed his arms out. She was still frowning.

"Don't worry" Sonic said once again. "We'll finish Eggman off for good" She turned towards him and hugged him, crying into his fur. Sonic petted her and comforted her.