Chapter 14: Starting a New Life

Sonic got up. Amy did, too. She stumbled back and fell on down. Sonic picked her up and helped her walk. "You shouldn't be walking, you're in too much pain" Sonic told her. She nodded. Sonic smiled and looked up at the sky. He noticed the sun high in the sky. Sonic quickly looked at the ground to prevent his eyes from being damaged. He took a seat. 

"Huh, those guys have been out for a while. Hope they bring a ton of wood" Sonic said. They all nodded. Amy lay on the ground. She stared at some clouds. "This field is beautiful!" Amy exclaimed, gesturing everyone to look at the flowers surrounding them. They all the noticed the blooming flowers blasting them with colors! Sonic grabbed a rose and handed it to Amy. "Here, thought you might like this. Your last name is rose, right?" Sonic asked.

Amy took the flower. "Why, yes, yes it is. Thank you" she hugged Sonic and smelled the fresh fragrance of the flower. She sighed with pleasure. :It sure is nice in this field, isn't it?" Amy asked. Everyone nodded. "Yeah" Tails said. "It's a shame we couldn't save the town" Tails said.

"Yeah" Sonic said. "We have to go back there one day and save the citizens!" Sonic declared, throwing a fist up into the air. "Yeah" Tails said. 

"Hey guys! We're back with the mother-load of wood!" Knuckles yelled out, waving an arm in the air. "Great now lets get to building!" Tails said. He ran up to all the wood and began building. Tails had brought a bag with supplies. He had taken them out. "We can try to use these to build the house" Tails said. They got to work. Everyone picked up a piece of wood, except Amy. She was still in too much pain to work. Sonic stayed with her and watched his friends build the house. 

"They look like they're construction workers. They're cooperating and getting the job done" Sonic pointed out to Am. She smiled and nodded. She looked up to Sonic. Sonic looked down at her and smiled. He continued watching his friends. Amy smiled and closed her eyes. She snuggled close with Sonic. Sonic looked at her and smiled. 

His friends were making a log cabin from the appearance of the house so far. Day turned to night, and night turned to day. Even for one whole day, the cabin wasn't nearly done, at least the whole thing. The exterior was almost done, it was just missing the roof. But the interior needed a LOT of work. There was absolutely nothing in there. When day once again turned to night, Sonic got worried. "Hey guys! You should take a rest! You've been working nonstop for like more than a day, now!" Sonic said, concerned.

They stopped working and sat down in a circle. Silver brought over some wood and laced it in the middle of the circle. Blaze then est in on fire, cautious of her surroundings. 

Tails sighed with pleasure. "You know, this has been fun. Working and having fun with my friends. And now it looks like we're camping!" Tails said, pulling out a guitar. 

"Yo, Tails, where did you get that guitar?" Sonic asked. "Made it" Tails replied. 

"Lets sing a nice camp song" Tails said. They then began singing the lyrics to She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain

She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes. (When she comes)..
She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes, (When she comes)..
She'll be coming 'round the mountain, she'll be coming 'round the mountain,
She'll be coming 'round the mountain when she comes, (When she comes)..

They couldn't even sing the whole song before they all fell asleep. Sonic smiled as each and every one of them fell asleep. Amy smiled, too. She then fell asleep herself. Sonic smiled at everyone and he went to sleep himself.

But as soon as they fell asleep, something horrible happened.......