Chapter 26: SonAmy

Sonic woke up. He looked at where he was. He found out he was in a bed. He looked at his arms, covered in bandages. He threw his sheets onto the ground, revealing more bandages all over his body. At first he was confused. Was it all just a dream? Was Sonic in a coma and it was all imaginary? Did Amy really exist? All these questions spun throughout his head. He was still laying in bed.

He turned his head towards the door as he Tails and Amy walk into the room. Sonic saw Amy run towards him and hug him, crying with tears of joy. "You're alive! You're alive!" she exclaimed with sheer happiness. Sonic hugged back. Once Amy released the hug, Tails walked over to Sonic.

"Tails. what happened?" Sonic asked. "You protected Amy from Avion's strongest attack and fell dead on the floor" Tails explained. That reminded Sonic of something. "Where's Avion?" he asked, a bit worried. Tails saw how tense he was. "Don't worry buddy, he's gone. Amy defeated him" Tails said.

Sonic felt so relieved. "So, it's all over? The city is fixed?" Sonic asked. "Most of it" Tails answered. "Some parts are permanently damaged" he added. Sonic nodded. "Sonic, you should go back to sleep. You need to heal. You're wounds will heal soon enough" Tails said, leaving the room. "Feel better!" Amy said, following Tails.

Sonic slowly started to fall asleep. But soon, he found himself in the middle of a field. No, not a field, the highest peak of a mountain! "What the? Where am I?" he asked himself. Sonic kept on looking all over the place until he saw a city. It was burning down. Sonic's eyes widened. He turned around, revealing another  burning city. Everywhere he looked, there were burning cities. Sonic ran down onto a meadow. 

Sonic slowly started to walk along the meadow. He had suddenly seen a horde of people running from the city. Citizens, Sonic thought. The horde noticed Sonic. They studied him for a few seconds. "He's the one who did this! Get him!" The horde began chasing Sonic. Sonic began running away, confused of why they think he did it. He had soon escaped them by entering a warehouse. He walked through the vacant building. Suddenly, all the lights began to glow. He saw people standing on the catwalks.

They were people he recognized: his friends. He looked at them, confused. Then, he saw a green hedgehog go after him. Sonic dodged. It was a familiar hedgehog. but it wasn't Avion. It was- Sonic was tackled onto the ground . The hedgehog jumped into he air and his hand turned into a cannon. A beam of light escaped it, heading straight at Sonic. 

Before it hit Sonic, Sonic woke up, sweating. He saw Tails right next to him, working on some stuff. "Whats the matter Sonic?" Tails asked. "Nothing" Sonic answered. He threw the sheets off him, revealing his perfectly healed body. "I'm healed!" Sonic said. Tails nodded. "Thanks buddy!" Sonic thanked Tails and ran off, exiting the building.

He saw Amy , sitting on a bench by herself. "Amy!" Sonic said, waving his hand so Amt could see him. Amy waved back and got up, heading towards Sonic. "Hey! Sonic! You're better!" she said, happy. Sonic nodded. He began walking, Amy following. 

"You know, this was one crazy adventure we had" Sonic said. Amy nodded in agreement. Sonic  and Amy walked into the park. "And the way we met, was awfully strange" Sonic added. Amy nodded. "Yeah, sorry about the whole kidnapping thing" Amy apologized. "It's okay" Sonic said.

Sonic and Amy walked towards a huge fountain. A lot of couples surrounded them. "What's with all these couples?" Sonic asked. Amy remembered something. "Oh! It's Valentines Day today!" Amy answered.

"Then this makes things a lot more awkward for us, you know, since we're just friends and all" Amy said. Sonic nodded. This was Sonic's chance! 

"Um, about that" Sonic said. Amy looked at Sonic. "Yes?" she asked. "I...uh....um.....er..." Sonic didn't know what to say and how to say it. Amy looked into Sonic's emerald green eyes. Sonic looked back, staring into Amy's jade green eyes.

"What are you gonna say Sonic?" sh asked, still staring into his eyes. "Um...." Sonic still didn't know what to say. Amy was wondering, "Is he gonna tell me he likes me? I really hope so". Amy liked Sonic back. She always had. Amy looked into Sonic's eyes; they began to sparkle.

"Okay. So let me just get something dealt with. You said you loved me?" Amy asked. Sonic had remembered that he said that right before he died. Sonic blushed. "So, do you love me?" she asked. Sonic blushed deeper. "I...uh....you......um.....er.....we......um......er....." Sonic didn't get to finish.

Amy pulled Sonic in and kissed him.

She broke the kiss and said, "I love you, too" She kissed him again. Sonic kissed back. Her lips tasted just like cherry. Or was it strawberry? Sonic knew it was one of those two. but he loved it. Sonic's lips tasted just like peppermint, Amy's favorite.

The two enjoyed the kiss. The two loved each other dearly. They had always wanted to be together.

And they were now, finally together.

                                                                                THE END