Chapter 10: The Escape from Prison

Sonic and Amy were ready for their master plan to unfold. Well, it wasn't really a MASTER plan, but it close enough. Sonic stood near the bars to see if one of the guardbots came. They were coming. Sonic turned his head so he could see behind him. He nodded with a grin on his face. Amy nodded too and picked a rock up from the stone floor. When the guardbot came, Amy threw the rock at it. 

The robot went haywire and noticed it was Amy. "Prisoner hostile! Prisoner hostile!" He walked closer to the bars to retrieve Amy for punishment, but Sonic made his move. He removed the robots' circuit board through the bars and the robot dropped dead on the ground. He turned to Amy. "Okay, what now?" Sonic asked.

"Check if that robot had the keys" Amy told Sonic. Sonic nodded and stuck his arms out of the bars. He looked and looked, but couldn't find the keys. He turned to Amy, scared. "He doesn't have them!" 

Amy grinned. "I thought this would happen. Give me some robot parts. I'll make a robot. If my hunch is correct, the keys are on top of that counter right there!" she pointed to a black desk with keys on it. Sonic noticed them and smiled. He turned to Amy and nodded. He scooped up as many parts as he could through the bars. He passed them over to Amy. "There! What are you gonna do with these parts?" he asked Amy. She started combining the parts. She reminded Sonic of Tails and how he would just place here to there and....Ta-da! You got some fancy machine!

When she was done, she showed Sonic. It looked like a magnet to Sonic, but he wasn't so sure. "What is it?" he asked. Amy stuck it out the bars and the keys came to it. "It's a magnet" Amy said, playing with the keys. Sonic was so relieved! They could finally escape prison! Amy stuck the keys into the key hole and opened the door. Sonic followed. They walked through the long hallway. They finally came to the end of the hall. They were greeted by a big door with a little monitor on it.

"So what do you think Eggman is gonna do to take over the world?" Amy asked. "Maybe make a robot army hence the robot parts he had" Sonic answered, trying to open then door. He pulled with all his might but couldn't open it. He eventually fell to the ground. Amy giggled. "There's a password monitor here you big neanderthal!" she said, pointing at the monitor. Sonic rubbed the back of his neck nervously and laughed. Amy looked atthe monitor and thought for a second. 

"What could the password be?" Amy asked. "I got this" Sonic said. He began typing in the password. "Eggman is cool" he said. 

"Why would you say that!" Amy asked in disgust. "No! It's the password!" Sonic said. "Oh. Still, it's weird" she said. Sonic smiled and pressed 'Enter'. A little bar on the monitor turned green and the door opened. "C'mon!" Sonic said. They ran out of the hall and were in a stairway. 

"Which way should we go?" Sonic asked. "Down" she said. Sonic nodded and they ran downstairs. Amy went to open the big door leading to the lower floor, but Sonic stopped her. "No!" he loudly whispered. "Why?" she whispered back. "Cause they're lots of guradbots in there!" Sonic whispered.

Amy crossed her arms. "C'mon, you scared of a few robots?" she asked. Sonic looked at her. "No! Of course not!" he said. Amy placed her hands on her hips. "Then, c'mon! Let's fight!" She slammed the door down and all the robots saw her. She ran up to one and jumped on it. She started banging on it. Sonic decided to join, too. He ran up to a robot and homing attacked it. He then continued his chain onto multiple other robots. Amy jumped off the robot she was attacking and took some pieces out of it. She made some sort of weapon and attacked the robots. Sonic landed on the ground and all the robots he attacked exploded. Amy ran up to some robots and beat them up. When they were finished, all the robots were either in pieces, or down for the count. They high-fived each other.

Suddenly, an alarm went off. The whole room began blinking red. "What is that?" Amy asked. "It's the alarm! They know we've escaped!" Sonic answered. Then, a horde of robots came bursting through the door. "Run!" Sonic yelled out. He grabbed Amy and ran off. He ran into another dungeon. "We're in another dungeon!" Amy said. Sonic noticed some people in the cells. When he saw them, he was scared and relieved. "Guys!" he yelled out. They all looked up. "Sonic! What's with the alarm?" Tails asked. "Look, no time to explain, we need to get outta here!" Sonic grabbed the keys and began looking for the right ones. 

"Uh, Sonic?" Amy asked. "There's a horde of robots right there!" she pointed at the robots approaching. "Crap!" Sonic screamed. he stuck every key into the key hole to see if it worked. "Sonic! We have to go! Now!" Amy said. "Wait! I have to save my friends!" Sonic continued. The robots were too close for comfort. "Sonic!" Amy yelled. "Sonic looked at the approaching robots. He sighed. "Sorry guys, you'll have to escape on your own" he said quietly. He grabbed Amy and ran out the door down the hall. he ran downstairs and saw the big door that was the exit. 

"Sonic! It's the exit!" Amy said. Sonic ran faster but was interrupted by more robots. "There are too many! What do we do?" Amy asked. Sonic smiled. He grabbed onto a pipe above the door and enter the ventilation shaft. "Are you out of your mind?" Amy asked Sonic. "No, just smart" Sonic said with a smile. They crawled through the shaft until they saw light. "Out there!" Sonic said. He crawled there and opened the air vent leading outside. He got out first and helped Amy get out. They were in an alley. When they left the alley into the opened street, they were greeted with an unpleasant surprise. 

"Oh no" they both said.