Painting

I slowly moved the brush across my finger, sweeping on the paint. I wasn't very good at painting nails, but I was gonna do a good job this time. One more nail. I thought, I started slowly painting my pinky nail when an obnoxious knock sounded from my door. I jumped in surprise, flinging my applicator upward and having it fall on my hand, getting nail polish all over. I discovered that I had also tipped the bottle over and spilled on my blanket. The perks of doing nails on you bed, nice going. I got up and rushed to the door, blowing on my nails as I went. Whoever messed me up was gonna get it. I swung open the door to see a man I didn't recognize. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and looked a little friendly, he can't be dangerous right?

"Uhh, can I help you?"

"Oh, did you think I could use your phone? My phones battery is dead and my bandmates kinda... left me behind." I hid a laugh at the awkwardness of it all.

"Sure! Come in!" one phone call couldn't hurt right? He stepped inside and I handed him my home phone. He dialed in a number and I watched him talk from where I was currently seated at the kitchen barstool.

"Are you kidding me? Ugh alright, bye." he hung up and handed me the phone, looking a little agitated. "Thanks anyway." he began walking off when I suddenly stood up.

"Wait what's wrong?" I blurted out, he looked at me surprised.

"My bandmates are already on the plane heading for the next tour stop. The next flight isn't till tomorrow." he was in a serious band? I thought he meant a one shot thing kind of band.

"You're in a band? Have I heard of you?"

"Uh, actually it's really just me, they're just the band I tour with. I'm Hunter Hayes."

"I think I may have heard of you, but where are you going to go?"

"I don't know, I'll find somewhere."

"No you're not. The city is too far."

"I can walk."

"No. Stay at my place."

"You're letting a total stranger stay at your house?"

"You don't have a ride, your phone is dead, and it's freezing cold outside."

"It's not that cold."

"You're shaking more than an earthquake." he sighed.

"Fine. And thank you." I led him to the guest bedroom and set up the bed, making it as comfortable as possible. "You don't have to do that, I can sleep on the couch."

"Well you're not going to." I smoothed out the comforter and patted it. "Good night Hunter." he got on the bed and I stood in the door frame, ready to turn off the light.

"Night... uh, what's your name?"

"(Y/n)."

"Night (Y/N)."

~~~~

I just got back from dropping Hunter off at the airport. He kept telling me how grateful he was, but I told him it wasn't a problem. I went to my room, just to take a nap maybe. When I went to bed last night I had lazily tossed my nail polishes on the floor, but now they were in a straight row. Strange. How did they beaten themselves up? But then I noticed the tops of the applicators, letters had been painted on them. Let Me Repay You- was written on them, along with a phone number on some others. I smiled. Hunter was too sweet.