NYC

I walked around my apartment, feeling down in the dumps. Because of my job, I had to move to New York, away from my boyfriend, Hunter Hayes. We have a long distance relationship now, but they never work, I know he'll give up on us one day if I don't come back. Just while I was thinking about him, my computer did a series of sounds, signaling a Skype call. I quickly answered, knowing it was Hunter.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hi (y/n)! How's it going up there?"

"Good good, you up to much?"

"Nah, just thought I'd ask my girl something." I swallowed, a little nervous, was he going to break up with me?

"What is it?" he pulled a guitar up, and started playing a familiar tune.

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do. Time square can't shine as bright as you. I swear it's true. Hey there Delilah don't you worry about the distance, I'm right there if you get lonely give this song another listen, close your eyes. Listen to my voice it's my disguise, I'm by your side." this was the sweetest thing he's ever done for me, it was the sweetest thing ANYBODY has ever done for me.

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us, but we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way. Delilah I can promise you that by the time that we get through the world will never ever be the same, and you're to blame." he finished the rest of the song and I clapped as loud as I could.

"I'm never leaving you baby, I hope you come back soon."

"I will, bye Hunter."

"Bye, Delilah."