Prologue

I ran out of the house onto the cold London street, ignoring my name being called by my boyfriend, well now ex-boyfriend Joey. I got into my car and pulled out of the driveway looking into the rear-view mirror to see Joey standing in the middle of the street. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

He was my everything, now it's all gone to waste. Three years, just gone.

"Baby, I'm home!" I yell, walking in the front door smiling at the thought of finally getting home.

I'm greeted with silence as I walk to the kitchen.

"I have something hilarious to tell you." I say, pulling a water bottle out of the fridge.

I open it as I walk into the living room. "You are literally going to die."

I look up and I am instantly disgusted. Joey looks up from his blonde distraction, his expression priceless.

I cross my arms over my chest, holding back my tears. "Care to explain?"

His girl instantly stands up from the couch, in no clothing.

"Baby, it's not what it looks...." He begins.

I lift my arms up, exasperated. "Are you fucking kidding me? After I walk in and see you fucking her on my couch in my house, you're gonna tell me that it's not what it looks like?"

He's speechless. "I.."

"You know what Joey, go fuck yourself." I say, the harshness of my voice extremely intense.

I turn my attention towards the naked girl in my living room. "And you, if I ever see you in my eyesight again, I will break your fucking neck. Now grab your shit and get the fuck out of my house." I say.

She nods quickly, too ashamed to say anything. She grabs her things and walks out, the door slamming loudly behind her.

Joey looks at me, unsure of what to do next.

"You know, I've sacrificed so much for you. I go to school and I work and then I have to come home to your ass, to see you fucking some whore on my couch. What the fuck have I ever done to you?" I ask, Joey flinching with every swear that comes out of my mouth.

He's left speechless.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." I say, making my way for the door.

At this point, I don't stop the tears from falling.

"Jenny! Please wait! Stop!" I hear repetitively behind me.

I get in my car, and start it up, driving farther away from my once happy home.

And now, here we are.