~Love, Regrets and Lies~ Chapter 27

a.n. sorry, i havent uploadedin AGESSS, OR, in aimees pov. so, here it is...

~Aimee~

I jumped to my feet as soon as the Graed 9 huntress gave me the news. I wasn't particularly close to Sanj, but since we sort of have the same mother, I pretty much had to care. Drows usually stick to one partner in this clann, but since we used to be two different packs, and we only joined forces about a decade ago, there are a few...odd ones out, if you know what I mean. My mother never did close. Neither did Dad, who I share with Emzhell. The three of us grew up together, along with the rest of the Danartha clann, in aand around South America, until our alpha ''fell in love'' with the alpha of the Feoiliteach clann. It didn't work out in the end, but the two packs stuck together after that. We kept the name Danartha, which means barbarous, rather than Feoiliteach, which I think means carnivorous.

 I ran down the corridor, so I was faced with the dark, echoing steps down to Brian's office. I turned around the corner, coughing as a feint smell of mint wafted up from the room. I was faced with another two staircases and a dead end. One of which headed down into Brian's private store, which no-one went into- ever. The second lead down to the laboratory where all the research goes on. I went down the latter staircase and knocked on the door.

'Enter, Aimee, the Graed fifteen, the Chosen One. Who, in seven months, three days, will be chosen to do a terrible deed.'

I grinned, recognising the voice of Headlock, who was also in the old Danartha pack.

I opened the door and was greeted with cheers and hurrahs.

'Hey, guys!'

The crowd shouted hello and called me over to their computer or project. I remebered what I came there for and called out ; 'Did you guys find the cure?'

Headlock, who is actually a big softie, spoke up. 'Yup! The Impatiens Eriosperma. Our team found it in Brazil, put an old begger to sleep and took it from the basket she was selling it from. I mean, crazy, huh?' he asked. 'Our whole race dying because we didn't have this cure, and then there's an old begger selling it on the streets! It's utter madness!'

I nodded my head, agreeing.

'Hey,' I said to Headlock, pulling him over to the back end of the lab. 'Remember Sanjarhk?'

He nod his head, eyes gleaming. 'Yeah! She's still alive?!'

I looked at him, stunned by his question. Getting over my surprise, I said; 'Yeah, she's still alive. Barely. She got poisoned. Followed Brian to his office, and breathed in the gas.'

He stared at me with wild eyes. 'She- she got poisoned?'

Just seeing his face so sad and upset was enough for me. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out the door to the Hospital Wing. I half expected him to scream ''The light! It buuurns!'' Dracula style, since he spent his life in front of a screen. Instead he just ran along beside me, surprisingly fast on his two left-feet. 'Whe-when did she go do-down?' He panted, tripping on a half-human, half-drow finger, its owner was obviously going through the change when it died.

'Two days ago.' I answered him. 'Her condition deteriorated about an hour ago. I think she's in surgery now.'

'Drows do surgery?'

'No,' I said sarcastically, 'She's doing surgery on herself.'

What was to come after that was so surprising that Headlock almost fainted.

I was right. There was a group of almost- humans lying on the floor in green splattered blue cloaks.

And there was Sanjarhk, holding a needle, trying to sew up a long jagged line splattered with green tinged blood up.

She laughed weakly and held up the needle with the thread hanging off.

'Bit of a sticky situation, huh?'

And with a last spurt of the green blood,

She passed out.

_______________________________

y nobody voting? waaaaaaaaah