~Love, Regrets and Lies~ Chapter 8

~Aimee~

'Oh my god.' I ran up to grab Sam's hand. I thrust my phone into Emzhell's hands and told her to call James. Suddenly I remembered- Sam wasn't breathing. I took him out of one of the younger drow's arms and laid him down on the ground. I pumped his chest without realising I was changing. My hands grew black and my nails turned dark and pointed to a length long and strength surged into my arms and hands. I pushed and kept the proper rhythm with all the will and sense left in my head. And then he was alive again. Spluttering in my arms. He opened his eyes tot see me. In drow form. My eyes widened and I flew off, sending a mental image to Emzhell.

Do not tell him.

~Emzhell~

Do not tell him.

I nodded to show I understood, but I don't think she saw me at the speed she was going. James showed up around two minutes after Sam resurfaced. Immediatly after he made sure Sam was still alive, he demanded to see Aimee.

I told him the story, of how when she was pumping his heart she transformed, and Sam woke up, extremely confused, and she flew off.

'Don't tell him anything. He can't know. We can make up an excuse afterwards, he just can't know!'

'I know dude,' I said, half rolling my eyes.

'Who did this?' My eyes welled up again. 'Emzhell! Who did this!'

As if in answer to his question, the alpha, Brían stumbled out of the house, still in drow form.

'Him,' I muttered, as I watched some of the older males crowd around him and interrogate him.

'Who is he?' James asked, slapping his fist against the palm of his hand.

Tears spilled out onto my cheecks, 'The alpha. He was always agressive, but he never stooped to human consumption alone, the pack was always with him, and it was never just one victim.'

He sighed and rubbed a hand through his hair. 'So, killing's out of the question then?'

I gasped again. 'Yes- yes of course! You saw what he did to your brother and you...'

'Yeah, I know, I'm not much stronger. Hell, I couldn't speak properly since about a week ago! So, what do we do?' He said, dropping his hands from his head to grab mine.

I pulled away. 'We, do nothing, I will figure this out.' I walked away to Florence, one of the younger females, who was, coincidentaly studying medicine.

~Florence~

'How is he?' Emzhell, one of the more friendly drows, asked.

'He is stable, but some of his veins are full of the venom.' She sighed shakily. 'I could try to remove it, but, even still, there is a chance he would change.'

'I know you will try, Flor, but it's not just that.'

'What is it?' I asked her.

'He has..well, something going on with Aimee. She is sort of living a double life. He doesn't know what she is, or even who she is, as she has taken a new name, but when he finds out, it could be the end of their relationship.'

'I'll try my best,' I promised half-heartedly, knowing that my attempts were futile. 'I promise.'

_________________________________________

So! covers, new fans, votes, comments, publicity welcome!

Who do you think should be on the cast?

I really want to know what your mental images of them are, as I havent got a CLUE!

I have YouTube stars ready for Emzhell and florence, but, I dont think that counts, does it\\?