Boyfriend

When I woke up the next morning I didn't want to open my eyes. It was not possible that in a matter of days I'd gone from boy hating tom-boy to boy loving.... something. Plus, just because Alec and Joey promised they didn't care about The Challenge didn't mean that the rest of the guys had forgotten about it. Also, I still kind of liked Alec even though I now knew that I liked Joey more. I felt like one of those stupid girls from one of those stupid drama shows I always make fun of that fall in love with two different guys and then picks a flower ad plays the 'I love you, I love you not game'. Eventually though, I rolled out of bed knowing that if I didn't get up soon I would be late. There was something else fluttering around the edges of my subcontions, something that was bugging me but I couldn't remember what. So, I went into my washroom, squeezed some toothpaste on my toothbrush and shoved it in my mouth. Then it dawned on me. I'd agreed to being in the band at rehersal yesterday which meant I would have to somehow get over my stage fright by Friday so I could preform. This thought, of course, sent an image of my dads face flashing through my min. I winced. This was the second time in two days that had happened after almost ten years of trying to forget. I know you must think I'm horrible for trying to forget about him but it's just easier that way... I just can't hanle the pain of remembering. I wandered back to my room and quickly changed before grabbing my backpack and heading downstairs.

"Hey mom, I might be home a bit later tonight because I think I have practice with the band after work and lessons" I called as I walked into the kitchen.

"The band?" she asked.

"Yeah did I forget to tell you? You kniw the band that was playing at The Peg while we were eating the other night? Well... I'm their new lead singer. Anyways, I have to get to school now so I'll be seeing you."

I rushed out of the kitchen and into the front hall.

"Wait, Persy, you what?" my mom called.

I didn't answer though, instead I closed the front door and headed down the street towards Chris's.

***

"So, you going to tell him you like him, or make a move or something?" Chris asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Um, obviously not" I retorted, "I only just discovered it was possible to think about a guy in any other way than 'ug he's a dipwad'."

Chris laughed, "well at least now I'll have an in with the guys."

"Yeah sure, that is, if I can handle singing in front of everyone and I don't throw up on the crowd, forever ruining the reputation of Boatyard Bash."

"Oh, I don't know, I think that would be a very interesting show personally!"

I rolled my eyes and elbowed him lightly. We walked up the front steps of the school and headed inside. Suddenly James was beside us.

"Hi guys!" he exclaimed.

Hi pup, I thought.

Obviously I didn't say it though, "hey James what's up?"

"Well I heard we have a new lead singer so congrats!" He almost yelled.

The hall went silent as everyone turned to stare at us. I went red and smiled sheepishly.

"Well thanks, but it isn't actually final yet."

"Oh yeah sure" James smiled. Then he waved slightly and started walking away. Just as he was about to turn the corner though he stopped.

"By the way Chris, I like your shirt... it's a good colour on you."

Chris stared at James's back blankly as he continued around the corner. I raised my brows at him and he shrugged.

"Let's, uh, get to class" I said slowly, pulling Chris down the hall.

The first two periods were boring as usual but they seemed to pass by quickly so I didn't mind. When the bell for lunch rang I was in the middle of dosing off for the second time so I almost jumped out of my skin. I shoved all my stuff in my backpack and shuffled out of the classroom. I wasn't really sure which table to head towards when I got to the caf. Was I supposed to sit in my usual spot with my friends or was I supposed to sit with the band? I started towards my usual table. I was almost there when I noticed that Chris and Sharri were already here... and not sitting in our normal spot. They sat on either side of James at the band table. I shrugged and started in that direction. I got a couple glares as people noticed where I was headed. Were they jealous or something? I tried to keep my eyes down until I reached the table.

"Hey Persy" came a beautiful accent.

"Hey Joey" I smiled, looking up into his eyes.

"Hey Pers, so I was thinking first practice could be tonight after work. Is that good for you?" Alec asked. My eyes turned to his and I couldn't help that my heart fluttered at the sight of him as well.

"Yeah that's cool.... can Chris and Sharri come...?" I asked slowly.

"Of course they can, we already talked about this."

I smiled and sat down at the table, feeling good.

"So Persy, I was talking to you know who -and no, not Voldemort- earlier and I think he likes you" Sharri winked.

My face reddened and suddenly I wasn't feeling so great.

" You know who?" James asked mischivously.

"Yeah I'd also like to know what we're talking about" Joey's brow furrowed.

"Nothing... Sharri is totally kidding" I tried.

"No I'm not" Sharri cut in.

"Well Sharri since we're on the topic I was talking to YOUR You-know-who... I'm not sure he's your type" Chris intervened.

"Point taken" Sharri muttered.

"Okay wait I'm still on Persy's you-know-who... cause I don't know who" Alec said.

"There is no you-know-who and if there was obviously you wouldn't know cause I just met you!" I cried. I couldn't help but give Joeyb a quick glance though.

"Oh no, that was such a lie! Now I know who you-know-who is" James smiled.

"How could you possibly know?" I asked, maybe a little too confidentally.

" I saw the way you looked at Joey" he replied.

My face went red and I felt the need to crawl under the table and hide. I tried to look at anything BUT Joey.

"Is that true?" Joey asked.

I wanted so badly to just lie and tell him that that would be impossible, but I couldn't bring myself to answer him.

"My god... it is isn't it?" Alec asked.

Everyone went silent for a second as I stared at the table.

"Well thank god" Joey broke the silence.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, knowing you like me is going to make this a lot easier... Persy, will you go out with me?" he asked.

"I-I-I" I stuttered.

"Just say yes!" Sharri and Chris exclaimed.

I nodded and smiled like an idiot.