Dinner

I had the cruiser towed to a nearby car dealership and nearly exploded when they offered enough me one dollar.

One fucking dollar.

Declan looks at me, and I fold my arms across my chest, looking at the dealer.

"One dollar?" I repeat.

"The car isn't driveable." The guy says calmly. "It's over fifteen years old." He adds. "Do you have any money for a down payment?"

I run my hands through my hair.

"I can move some things around." I sigh.

He nods.

"Okay, lets get looking, shall we?"

This bitch with the greased back hair is going to strain my bank account.

He's on a high, overjoyed that I have no choice to get a car.

So we walk around until we find all the big SUV's, and I'm unimpressed.

"Don't you have anything newer?" I ask patiently.

"Yes, I just figured you liked them old." He winks.

Ew, what?

I intentionally scratch my nose with my left hand to flash my big rings. His face falls, and he walks us across the parking lot.

I need to make sure Declan doesn't go anywhere alone with this guy.

I walk over to the new SUV's, and my eyes immediately train in on a big beast, it's gray with black rims, and it's hot as fuck.

I immediately walk over to it.

"How much?" I ask, pointing to it.

"It's 34,000." He says. "But you for honey, I'll give it to you for 30."

Ew.

But it's cheaper.

"Alright." I smile.

Declan looks at me in shock.

"Mum." He says. I wave him off as the guy punches in the code and fishes out the keys. I go around and start it.

It only has 10,000 miles on it.

I open the hood.

It sounds perfect, it has seven seats,

The inside has good trim and an almond colored leather.

It's so fucking nice, I'm melting. I look at Declan.

"What do you think?"

"I think I'm never going to be allowed to drive it." He pouts, and then he looks at me. "That guy likes you."

"I know." I say.

"So you're going to let him take the money off? What about Dad?"

The guy is on the other side of the car and Declan's voice is hushed. I look down at my son.

"Dad would do the same thing. I'm not cheating Decky, but you never reject cheaper prices."

He frowns.

"Wanna take it for a drive?" The guy asks.

"Sure." I say.

So the guy takes my license and goes to copy it.

I mentally thank myself for picking up my phone, so I pull it out and FaceTime Spencer.

It rings a couple of times and then he answers it. He's sitting at his desk.

OhanaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara