Chapter Twenty-Eight - Everything PINK

With only two months left in the pregnancy I was helping Kira get everything ready for the baby, the crib, Moses basket, toys, and clothes, lots of pink clothes were bought. A bank account was set up for Kira in her new name which allowed Kira to start her new life, her father Christopher sent money to which Kira spent on the baby. Fortunately, we could sort out communication between Kira and her father so that they could stay in contact and Christopher will be able to hear news of his granddaughter especially when the time came for her to be born.

Every day I could see Kira getting more and more nervous as the day drew near. It has been a month in protection and I had yet to cross someone I knew, though little did I know that it would soon come to end.

With Kira feeling feint I thought it was best she skipped the day out at the park and I would take Jensen on his own. I wasn't really one for pushchairs so I practically carried Jensen the long distances that and with the life I live, if something was to go wrong it would take those few seconds longer to get away and a risk I wasn't willing to take, especially with my own flesh and blood.

The sky was bright and the sun shone brightly down onto the park with the light bouncing off the ripples of the lake created by the birds who swam across to eat the bread that small children were throwing into the water.

Passing by the pond I got so distracted by the peace and quiet of it all that I didn't realise I had walked to the teenage section of the park, it was also where the skate park was. The same skate park that surf boy hung out at.

Looking towards the park I couldn't see anyone I knew so I took refuge under a tree on the other side of the path to where the skate park was, not many people wanted to be here due to the teenage boys messing around in plain sight but it was a great place to hide out.

Leaning against a tree and Jensen resting on the blanket beside me I took to continuing reading the book I was currently on. It was an Alexandre Dumas book 'The Three Musketeers' set in the early sixteen hundred's in France. I loved this book, one that my father read to me multiple times as a child among other stories. I loved reading books, it was a way to get away from everything; from reality and become someone I am not, be a person I wanted to be in an alternate universe I controlled.

I got too involved into my book that I didn't realise Jensen had begun to wander towards the skate park until it was too late, dropping my book I shot forward to try and grab him before he got to the park only he had reached a person who had scooped him up into their arms. I began to reach for my gun when I saw the face of the man who picked him up I could breathe.

When I was within a few feet of Jensen the blonde shaggy haired man turned to look at me with a huge grin. "Well, well, well, look who came back" I roll my eyes, "Ollie" I smile. Jensen was grinning, something he did very little of since we left some months ago.

After six months of being gone nothing much had changed, except I left him again and no doubt I had to face him once again, he could of moved on, "When did you get back?" part of me wished he had moved on as I didn't want to ruin his life but the majority of me wanted him to be waiting for me. "A month ago" Ollie's face was of shock "You have been back a month and you haven't come and visited?" a sad smile fell upon my face "I couldn't, I was working, still am" "But you couldn't take a moment to come and say 'hello'? He's gone back to how he was before he met you?" my saddened face turned to one of dismay and a sick feeling grew in the pit of my stomach, I didn't mean to cause him to fall back to who he once was.

Taking Jensen from Ollie's arms I glance at my phone, Kira was expecting me back "Can you come to the gym?" I shake my head "I can't I have to get back, someone is waiting for me" Ollie sighs "What about tomorrow?" the pleading look on his face was hard for me to say 'no' too. Nodding my head, he does a fist pump to show his success in getting what he wants, "I can try but I can't make any promises, I have many things to do" I told him, one of them being taking Kira for her ultrasound, and tomorrow was also the day that the police in Washington would be arresting the remaining people in Peter Jacksons gang, which meant keeping Kira with me at all times, I couldn't risk leaving her on her own until confirmation has been given of the final capture of Jackson's men. Unfortunately, a court date has not been set, mainly put off by the law as the child needed to be born for a DNA test to be done to prove Peter Jackson is the biological donor to the child.