Chapter Eighteen - Leaving Home and Him

(Edited)

Jesse returned to the gym in complete darkness, she was too tired and headed straight to bed.

Tats was sleeping soundly when Jesse walked into the room, surprised to find Jensen sleeping on Tats bare chest.

She smiles, it was a beautiful sight to see them sleeping soundly, especially it being the las tonight they will have together for the foreseeable future.

Jesse begins to undress when a small murmur comes from the bed.

She turns to see Jensen rubbing his eyes "Momma" he calls.

Jesse reaches over and grabs him before he moved too much to wake Tats.

"What's wrong baby?" Jesse whispers.

The young boy rubs his tear-filled eyes.

"Why we go?" he asks.

Jesse sighs, she didn't want her boy to be sad, but she has no choice, she is contracted in for another three years, whatever they tell her to do, she does it.

Perhaps if she arranged to keep Jensen in DC for a month then this wouldn't have happened, but she couldn't go back and change it.

Holding her son with one hand, Jesse uses her free hand to reach up and wipe the tears from his face, "I know you don't want to leave the boys, I love them too, but we have to go home, mommy has work".

Jesse had an isolated life outside of work, when she wasn't at work, she was at her team's houses. She was never a people person.

Even though she was tired, Jesse kept a hold of Jensen and took him out the room, so she didn't wake Tats. Wandering around the dark gym, Jesse rocked her son into the early hours until he fell asleep.

Tony came through the gym door at six in the morning like clockwork, however he was surprised to see Jesse wandering around looking like the walking dead while bouncing Jensen on her hip.

"Jesse, how long have you been up?" Tony asks surprised she was up this early.

Jesse swings around to look Tony than at the clock on the wall. Her eyes widen in surprise when she realises what time it was.

"I haven't actually been to sleep; Jensen was upset so I came out here to rock him to sleep" she informs him.

Tony nods his head, he too was upset that Jesse was leaving, but she had a job to do and he understood that more than anyone.

"You're going to be tired on the flight back" Tony says as he moves to the reception desk to get the key to unlock the roller door.

Jesse shrugs her shoulders, "Nothing new then" she chuckles.

"When you're here, you sleep like a log, sometimes well into the morning" Tony continued.

Jesse smiles amused, "Weirdly enough, I was never one for sleeping through the night, I was always up through the night, even as a kid, so I was surprised when I slept through the nights here".

As Jesse spoke, Tony had a look of thought on his face, Jesse thought about asking him what he was thinking about, but people started arriving to use the gym.

Jesse continued to bounce Jensen on her hip, his head resting against her shoulder, he was dozing, but not falling asleep.

When Jesse's team arrives, they immediately begin packing up the computers and other gear.

Tats came out of the bedroom soon after, "Jesse, where were you last night, you didn't come to bed" he calls across the gym.

Everyone including her team turn to look at Jesse, some with curiosity, others with amused smiles.